This email was classified as : OFFICIAL
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Ref: 1824/1718
Thank you for your correspondence received on 15 February 2018. In response to your request I can now provide the following information.
The information you have requested below was provided in the attached response sent 21 December 2017.
If you have any queries or concerns please contact me in the first instance.
However, if you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can submit a complaint to [email address]
If, after your complaint has been determined, you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Website: www.ico.org.uk
The ICO does not make a charge for an appeal.
Information Governance Team
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Municipal Buildings, Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1LD
From: Christina Savage [mailto:[FOI #464874 email]]
Sent: 04 March 2018 16:09
To: FOI and Complaints
Subject: Re: Information request - Ref:1824/1718
Dear Stockton on Tees Council,
I would like to re-submit my request, covering a slightly different period of time namely the financial year and not the calendar year:
1. How many children became 'looked after' in your local authority in the financial year of 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017?
2. Of the children in Q1, how many were in a group of siblings of two or more (I would like the number of children, not the number of groups)?
3. How many of the children that became 'looked after' in your local authority in 2016/2017 were initially placed in Kinship Care/Connected Persons care?
4. How many looked after children in your local authority are currently placed following care proceedings:
a) with long term LA foster carers
b) in kinship care foster placements
5.a. How many applications to be a kinship carer did you receive in 2016/2017 in respect of children subject to Care Proceedings?
5.b. How many of those (5.a.) applications were successful?
6. How many children in your local authority were made the subject of Special Guardianship Order following Care Proceedings in 2016/2017?
7. How many of your local authority's current foster carers are prepared and approved to be long term foster carers of sibling groups of:
b) 3 or more