Dr James Knapton
Information Compliance Officer
2 March 2018
Dear Ms Page,
Your request was received on 5 February 2018 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’).
I would like to request information on the following questions regarding the A100 medicine
admissions in the form of an excel file:
Data from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017(if already available):
1. What was the average BMAT score of all EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or
2. What was the average BMAT score of all EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or
IGCSEs and were shortlisted?
3. What was the average BMAT score of all EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or
IGCSEs and received an offer?
4. How many EU students that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs and Austrian students made
complete applications for the A100 Medicine course?
5. How many EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs and Austrian applicants were
6. How many EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs and Austrian applicants
received an offer?
The requested information, insofar as it is held, is attached. Information about shortlisting and
interviews is not held; all interview processes for entry to undergraduate degree courses at the
University are set and managed locally by each of the individual Colleges, each of which is a separate
legal entity and public authority under the Act. Please note that the attached document should not be
copied, reproduced or used except in accordance with the law of copyright.
The Old Schools
Cambridge, CB2 1TN
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 764142
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 332332
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a
complaint or request an internal review of this decision, you should write to Dr Kirsty Allen, Head of the
Registrary’s Office, quoting the reference above, at The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge, CB2
1TN or send an email marked for her attention to email@example.com.
The University would normally
expect to receive your request for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this letter and
reserves the right not to review a decision where there has been undue delay in raising a complaint. If
you are not content with the outcome of your review, you may apply directly to the Information
Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless
you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the University. The Information
Commissioner may be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk/)
For A100 (2013 - 2017 cycles):
• Average BMAT score of al EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs
• Average BMAT score of al EU offer-holders that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs
• Application and offer numbers for Austrian applicants (including those who have taken GCSE/IGCSEs)
and EU applicants that had not taken GCSEs or IGCSEs.
Monday, 05 February, 2018
Figures are grouped by UCAS application year. The 2017 application year ran from applications opening
in September 2016 to Confirmation in August 2017.
Domicile information is based on the Area of Permanent Residence declared by applicants at UCAS.
Citizenship information is declared by applicants at UCAS.
Applicants: Average BMAT Score
Offer Holders: Average BMAT Score