This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Use of Body Worn Video'.


Freedom of Information Act 2000 
Information Request FOI/2018/017 
You have asked Mendip District Council for the following information:- 
Please send me: 
The details of your use of body cameras in your organisation – 
Does anyone (staff or contractors) in your organisation use/wear body cameras 
or body worn video recording devices while performing their duties? 
If yes, please detail: 
Yes – enforcement officers (2 x go-pro cameras on a harness) 
Who provides the body cameras and footage/evidence management used by 
your organisation? 
Gopro.  Use the data card and download footage. 
How many staff members use body cameras and what capacities/teams do 
they work in?  
4 enforcement officers have access to the cameras. only used when potential 
for public order (rare). 
Are they staff or contractors (for e.g. outsourced security personnel) 
Staff members. 
 How many body cameras in all are currently owned and/or used by your 
Two (may be option to purchase more). 
Were the cameras bought as a one off purchase and if so, how much did they 
cost your organisation? 
One off purchase. believed £200 for the pair. 
If they are part of an ongoing contract - what is the current contract term (how 
long is it and when does it expire) and what is the value of said contract? 
Where is the data recorded stored – on premises locally or on cloud? 
On council computers. 

Who is the point of contact for your body camera programme? 
Ian Glover, Enforcement Officer. 
I would draw your attention to the copyright statement on the reverse of this 
David Clark 
Interim Data Protection Officer 
      10 January 2018  

Copyright and the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 
Most of the information that we provide in response to Freedom of Information Act 2000 
requests will be subject to copyright protection. In most cases the copyright will be owned by 
Mendip District Council. The copyright in other information may be owned by another person 
or organisation, as indicated in the information itself. 
You are free to use any information supplied for your own use, including for non-commercial 
research purposes. The information may also be used for the purposes of news reporting. 
However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing 
copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.  
For information where the copyright is owned by Mendip District Council please submit a 
request in writing stating:- 
  Name and address of applicant requiring permission for re-use of the information 
  Full details of the document/information required for re-use sufficient for the Council 
to identify it 
  The purpose for which the document/information is to be re-used 
For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must 
apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.’ 
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal 
review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt 
of the response to your original request and should be addressed to: 
David Clark 
Interim Data Protection Officer 
Mendip District Council  
Cannards Grave Road 
Shepton Mallet 
BA4 5BT 
0300 303 8588  
Direct Line: 
01749 341539 
01749 341542 
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply 
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can 
be contacted at: 
Information Commissioner’s Office  
Wycliffe House  
Water Lane  
SK9 5AF 
Yours sincerely, 
David Clark 
Interim Data Protection Officer