This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Recording of assessments'.

To: Craig Gilding 
DWP Central Freedom of Information Team 
Our Re  f: FOI  
08 March 2018 
Dear Mr Gilding, 
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request which we received on 8 February 2018.  
You asked: 
`If it can't be video recorded and there is a BSL interpreter then are the DWP going to pay for an 
interpreter every time a deaf person needs to play it back to make a complaint? Isn't this 
discrimination if not?  

In response: 
The Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) gives you a legal right of access to any recorded 
information held by a public authority. We do not have to provide opinions or explanations, 
generate answers to questions, or create or obtain information we do not hold.  
If you ask a question, rather than requesting recorded information, we will provide you with the 
recorded information that best answers the question. Once we have provided the recorded 
information, we have met our obligations under the Act; interpreting the information provided is 
up to you. 
As we do not hold any recorded information to answer your request you may find the following 
explanation useful. We have provided this outside our obligations under the FoIA. 
Please use the following link to the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) 
website under the following heading Questions, Complaints or need information in another 
If you have any queries about this letter please contact us quoting the reference number above.   
Yours sincerely 
DWP Central FoI Team 
Your right to complain under the Freedom of Information Act 
If you are not happy with this response you may request an internal review by e-mailing freedom-of-information- 
or by writing to DWP, Central FoI Team, Caxton House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 
9NA. Any review request should be submitted within two months of the date of this letter. Please remember to quote 
the reference number above in any future communications. 

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you may apply directly to the Information 
Commissioner’s Office for a decision. General y the Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have 
exhausted our own complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information 
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF  or telephone 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745