This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Information Governance Group'.

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE BOARD 
12 June 2017 
13.00‐14.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  
Apologies:  
 
Agenda Item 
Leader 
Outcome 
Process 
ETC 
1.  Welcome 
Simon 
 
Any agenda modifications? 
5 mins 
2.  Agree Action Note from 
Simon 
Sharing Information & 
Updated Process 
5 mins 
previous meeting 
Decision 
Agreement 
3.  GDPR Update  
 
Sharing Information & 
Questions 
10 
Decision  
Any Actions 
mins 
4.   Information Asset Owner 
 
Sharing Information 
Questions 
5 mins 
Handbook 
Any Actions 
5.  Records Issues arising from 
  
Sharing Information & 
Questions 
10 
SCAI: 
Decision 
Any Actions 
mins 
i) 
Criminal Injury 
Claims 
ii) 
Policy Retention 
6.   Working Group Updates 
Working 
Working Group Updates – 
Questions 
10 
Group 
recorded and added to 
Any Actions 
mins 
Leads 
Executive Summary 
Agreement 
7.   Information Governance 
Simon 
Agreement 
Updated process 
5 mins 
Quarterly Report 
6.  AOB 
All  
 
 
5 mins 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP 
12 JUNE 2017 
13.00‐14.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
Attendees: 



 (shadowing 
), 

 

 
Apologies: Simon Haston


 
1.  Welcome 
2.  Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
3.  GDPR  
4.  Information Asset Owner Handbook 
5.  Records Issues arising from SCAI: Criminal Injury Claims and Policy Retention 
6.  Working Group Updates 
7.  Information Governance Quarterly Report 
8.  AOB 
 
 
ACTION 
BY WHOM 
WHEN 
 
2. Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
 
 
new 
The action note from the previous meeting was agreed 
All 
12 June 2017 
 
3. GDPR 
 
 
new 
Annual Information Governance Statement to go to Audit, 
/All 
23 June 2017 
Risk & Scrutiny Committee on 27 September2017, including 
GDRP readiness and Information Assurance work plan. 
 
will circulate a draft for input by all 
 
4. Information Asset Owner Handbook 
 
 
new 
 will issue the draft handbook for input by all concerning 
/All 
23 June 2017 
whether the appropriate areas are covered  
 
5. Records Issues arising from SCAI 
 
 
new 
No criminal injury claims are to be destroyed. The retention 
 
23 June 2017 
period will be changed on the Record Retention & Disposal 
Schedule. 
 will consult over further review of records 
new 
The Information Management Team will revise the listing in 
 
23 June 2017 
the Record Retention & Disposal Schedule re policy to ensure 
the permanent preservation of corporate policies  
new 
 to ensure Council Bye‐Laws are available via the Zone 
 
23 June 2017 
and the public website 
 
6. Working Group Updates 
 
 
new 
Discussion between 
 and 
 to take place re risk 
/

15 June 2017 
assessing critical systems and preparedness for committee 
  
reporting in September 
 
7. Information Governance Quarterly Report 
 
 
new 
Updates to be provided to 
 on outstanding actions or 
/
/
  16 June 2017 
recommendations 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE BOARD 
18 July 2017 
10.00‐11.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  
Apologies:  
 
Agenda Item 
Leader 
Outcome 
Process 
ETC 
1.  Welcome 
Simon 
 
Any agenda modifications? 
5 mins 
2.  Agree Action Note from 
Simon 
Sharing Information & 
Updated Process 
5 mins 
previous meeting 
Decision 
Agreement 
3.  Information Policy  
 
Decision  
Any Actions 
2 mins 
4.   Annual Information 
 
Sharing Information 
Questions 
5 mins 
Governance Report for 
Any Actions 
Audit, Risk & Scrutiny 
5.  Information Assurance 
 
Sharing Information  
Questions 
10 
Improvement Plan 
Any Actions 
mins 
6.   Working Group Updates 
 
Sharing Information 
Questions 
10 
Any Actions 
mins 
6.  AOB 
All  
 
 
5 mins 
 
 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP 
18 JULY 2017 
10.00‐11.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
Attendees: Simon Haston, 



 on behalf of 
 
 
Apologies: 

 
1.  Welcome 
2.  Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
3.  Information Policy  
4.  Annual Information Governance Report for Audit, Risk & Scrutiny  
5.  Information Assurance Improvement Plan 
6.  Working Group Updates 
7.  AOB 
 
 
ACTION 
BY WHOM 
WHEN 
 
2. Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
 
 
new 
The action note from the previous meeting was agreed 
All 
18 July 2017 
 
3. Information Policy  
 
 
new 
Previously circulated for feedback and agreed by the Group. 
All 
18 July 2017 
Thanks noted 
 
 
4. Annual Information Governance Report for Audit, Risk &   
 
Scrutiny  
new 
 to add detail to the summary concerning Information 
  
28 July 2017 
Sharing & Integration 
new 
FOI Team to provide updated statistics to the end of June 
 
28 July 2017 
2017 
new 
 to investigate setting up pre‐meetings to brief 
 
28 July 2017 
Committee members prior to Audit, Risk & Scrutiny 
Committee 
 
5. Information Assurance Improvement Plan 
 
 
new 
 to add dates to the Improvement Plan for Information 
 
28 July 2017 
Sharing & Integration priorities 
new 
 to add dates to the Improvement Plan for 
 
28 July 2017 
Information Security priorities 
 
6. Working Group Updates 
 
 
new 
Training pilots for new Data Protection training will begin in 
 
August 2017 
August rather than July due to other Information 
Governance priorities, including the distribution of the new 
Information Asset Owner Handbook and associated training 
and awareness activities 
 
 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE BOARD 
28 AUGUST 2017 
11.00‐12.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  
Apologies:  
 
Agenda Item 
Leader 
Outcome 
Process 
ETC 
1.  Welcome 
Simon 
 
Any agenda modifications? 
5 mins 
2.  Agree Action Note from 
Simon 
Sharing Information & 
Updated Process 
5 mins 
previous meeting 
Decision 
Agreement 
3.  Information Policy & 

Sharing Information  
Any Actions 
2 mins 
Acceptable Use Policy – 

Discussion 
Supporting Procedures 
 
 
4.  Information Assurance 
 
Sharing Information  
Questions 
10 
Improvement Plan – 
Any Actions 
mins 
update  
5.   Working Group – 
All  
Sharing Information 
Questions 
10 
Updates & Discussion 
 
Decision 
Any Actions 
mins 

Information Governance 
 
Sharing Information 
Any Actions 
5 mins 
Report ‐ exceptions 
Decisions 
7.  AOB 
All  
 
 
5 mins 
 
 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE BOARD 
28 AUGUST 2017 
11.00‐12.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  Simon Haston, 





 
 (delegate for 
),
 
Apologies: 
 
1.  Welcome 
2.  Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
3.  Information Policy & Acceptable Use Policy – Supporting Procedures  
4.  Information Assurance Improvement Plan – update  
5.  Working Group – Updates & Discussion  
6.  Information Governance Report ‐ exceptions 
7.  AOB 
 
 
ACTION 
BY WHOM 
WHEN 
 
2. Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
 
 
new 
The action note from the previous meeting was agreed 
All 
28 August 
2017 
 
3. Information Policy & Acceptable Use Policy – Supporting 
 
 
Procedures 
new 
 to come back to the group with refreshed access 
 
4 October 
procedures supporting Acceptable Use Policy 
2017 
new 
 to consult 
 about coming back to the group with 

 
4 October 
refreshed Freedom of Information procedures 
2017 
new 
 to come back to the group with refreshed Information 
 
4 October 
Management procedures 
2017 
new 
 to update Data Protection procedures on a rolling 
 
ongoing 
basis 
 
4. Information Assurance Improvement Plan – update 
 
 
new 
 to send the Information Assurance Programme to 
 
August 2017 
 and 
 
new 
 meet soon to discuss their parallel 
 / 
 
September 
assurance maps and CMT approach 
2017 
new 
The group agreed that Information Security and Information 
Simon/ 
 
September 
Management risks should be reported together as in the 
2017 
KPMG recommendation, rather than separately. This is to be 
confirmed with CMT. 
 
5. Working Group – Updates & Discussion 
 
 
new 
System Criticality Working Group is confirming if systems are 
 
4 October 
critical and business continuity plans are in place. 
 to 
2017 
update on progress at the next meeting 
new 
Training & Awareness Working Group ‐ Elected members 
 
September 
will receive DP training in early September. Third tier 
2017 & 
managers dealing with sensitive personal data will receive 
ongoing 

training at the end of September, to be followed by other 
third tier managers by next May. The training and awareness 
campaign will take place in September. The OIL training 
course is due to be updated by December 
new 
Open Data Working Group has not taken place in the last 
/
 
4 October 
period. There will be work done on establishing realistic 
2017 
priorities and an update for the next meeting  
new 
The group agreed to manage working group updates via the 
All 
28 August 
Information Assurance Improvement Plan rather than 
2017 
duplicating in the quarterly Information Governance reports 
 
6. Information Governance Report ‐ exceptions 
 
 
new 
Simon to discuss with Fraser Bell the lessons learned 
Simon 
September 
concerning the Hazlehead Crematorium FOI Appeal  
2017 
 
 
 

AGENDA 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP 
4 OCTOBER 2017 
16.00‐17.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  
Apologies:  
 
Agenda Item 
Leader 
Outcome 
Process 
ETC 
1.  Welcome 
Simon 
 
Any agenda modifications? 
5 mins 
 
2.  Agree Action Note from 
Simon 
Sharing Information & 
Updated Process 
5 mins 
previous meeting 
Decision 
Agreement 
 
3.  Committee Cycle – 
 
Sharing Information  
Any Actions 
5 mins 
Updates & Discussion 
Discussion 
 
4.  Information Procedures 
/
  Sharing Information  
Questions 
10 
– Update  
Any Actions 
mins 
5.  Risk – Updates & 
 
Sharing Information 
Questions 
10 
Discussion 
Any Actions 
mins 
6.  Working Group – 
All  
Sharing Information 
Questions 
10 
Updates & Discussion 
 
Decision 
Any Actions 
mins 
 
7.  Reporting – inclusion of 
 
Sharing Information 
Any Actions 
5 mins 
new information in 
Decisions 
Information Governance 
Report 
 
8.  Any Issues Arising 
All  
 
 
5 mins 
 
 
 

ACTION NOTE 
INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP 
4 OCTOBER 2017 
16.00‐17.00, ROOM 3‐W‐01 
 
Attendees:  Simon Haston, 








 
Apologies:  None 
1.  Welcome 
2.  Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
3.  Committee Cycle – Updates & Discussion 
4.  Information Procedures – Update 
5.  Risk – Updates & Discussion 
6.  Working Group – Updates & Discussion  
7.  Information Governance Report – additional information 
8.  Any Issues Arising 
 
 
ACTION 
BY WHOM 
WHEN 
 
2. Agree Action Note from previous meeting 
 
 
new 
The action note from the previous meeting was agreed 
All 
4 October 
2017 
 
3. Committee Cycle – Updates & Discussion 
 
 
new 
Protective Monitoring Policy (which will include ICT Account 
 
October 
Access Procedures) to go to Finance, Policy and Resources 
2017 
Committee in the next cycle. The Director deadline for this 
cycle is 26th October. 
 to schedule a slot at CG SMT  
new 
Simon to discuss with Fraser Bell the approach to lessons 
Simon 
October 
learned concerning the Hazlehead Crematorium FOI Appeal 
2017 
following the Audit, Risk & Scrutiny review 
recommendation, to seek clarity on next steps  
new 
All to note that following FP&R new or revised procedures 
All 
4 October 
which support the Corporate Information or ICT Acceptable 
2017 
Use Policies are to be approved by the SIRO with delegated 
authority in consultation with Finance, Policy & Resources 
Convenor and Vice‐Convenor. 
 
4. Information Procedures – Update 
 
 
 
Freedom of Information Procedures to be updated  
 
December 
2017 
 
Information Procedures will be updated on an ongoing basis 
/
 
ongoing 
until May 2018 
 
5. Risk – Updates & Discussion 
 
 
new 
Transformation portfolio presents additional impact on risks 
/
 
28 
to Information Management. Proposal for how to address 
November 
Information Management representation/advice to the 
2017 
delivery board by the next meeting 
new 
Simon to raise Statutory Data Protection Officer role at CMT 
Simon 
5 October 

as part of potential tier 2 design 
2017 
 
6. Working Group – Updates & Discussion 
 
 
new 
Redesign of how critical systems are measured. 
 to 
 
28 
come back to the Group with the top 20 business critical 
November 
systems 
2017 
new 
Managing Information (including GDPR Readiness actions) 
/
 
ongoing 
training sessions are ongoing for third tier managers, as well 
as programme of updating procedure and guidance, and 
appropriate communication and awareness activities.  
new 
 to update on Open Data at the next meeting 
/
 
28 
 
November 
2017 
 
7. Information Governance Report – additional information   
 
new 
The group agreed the inclusion of statistics concerning 
 
4 October 
Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act and 
2017 
Information Preservation in the Information Governance 
reports, beginning with the 2017‐18 Q2 report