Mae hwn yn fersiwn HTML o atodiad i'r cais Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 'Do I need to provide an email addrees or phone number?'.

DWP Central Freedom of Information Team 
Annex A 
Our Ref: FoI 3803 
DATE: 3rd October 2017 
Annex A 
Dear Chris Roberts, 
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request of 12 September 2017. You asked: 
“In Theodore Allan’s FoI, Your Ref: 3555, he asked for any recorded information held by the 
DWP stating whether or not it was a legal requirement for a claimant to provide a mobile phone 
number or email address in order to claim Universal Credit (UC) when the claimant is being 
switched from Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) to UC. 
In your reply, you stated: (a) there was no recorded information on this issue because it is not 
a legal requirement of claiming UC that a claimant provide a mobile phone number or email 
address; and (b) UC can be paid to the claimant without either of these being recorded. 
However, in your reply to Glenys Harriman’s FoI request, Your Ref: 3128, the CTA (Call To 
Action) letter that you included states that claimants will need their own email address before 
they can begin the switch over process. 
1. When claimants are being switched from JSA to UC, will their claim for UC be suspended 
and terminated if they fail to provide an email address or phone number as part of the switch 
2. Will their JSA be suspended, i.e. will they be sanctioned if they do not provide an email 
address and phone number?  
3. If it is not a legal or policy requirement for claimants to provide an email address or phone 
number when being switched over, how is their claim processed? 
DWP Response: 
We do not hold the requested information.   
FOI 3128 and the response refers to the move from Universal Credit Live Service to Universal 
Credit full service. This is different to the managed migration of legacy benefit claimants to 
Universal Credit. This process does not start until 2019, when we will start managed migration 
of existing benefit claimants to Universal Credit.  This will be completed by March 2022.  

We are still planning this activity and will make final decisions and announcements in due 
course.  There is currently no policy or guidance available. 
Yours sincerely,  
DWP Strategy FoI Team 
Your right to complain under the Freedom of Information Act 
If you are not happy with this response you may request an internal review by e-mailing freedom-of-information- or by writing to DWP, Central FoI Team, Caxton House, Tothill Street, SW1H 9NA. Any 
review request should be submitted within two months of the date of this letter.  
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you may apply directly to the Information 
Commissioner’s Office for a decision. General y the Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have 
exhausted our own complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information 
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF