Our ref: 2014s1006-5-1-L007-002
19 July 2017
Ms M Hartley
What do they Know
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adwick le Street
Dear Ms Hartley
Re: FOI – board maintained drains
United Kingdom T +44 (0)1302 337798
F +44 (0)845 8627772
We are in receipt of your request for information, we understand that request for
information to be in eight parts:
• Do all agricultural ratepayers pay the same drainage rate
• The smallest length in metres of Board maintained drains of an individual
Clerk and Engineer to
Black Drain DB
• The largest length in metres of Board maintained drains of an individual
Danvm Drainage Commissioners
Doncaster East IDB
Goole & Airmyn IDB
The cost to the Board per metre of maintaining a drain.
Goole Fields District DB
• Do ratepayers benefitting from Board maintained drains provide the Board
Scunthorpe & Gainsborough WMB
with anything in return for maintenance of their drains?
Sow and Penk IDB
• The number of agricultural Board members with drains maintained by the
Board (if any)
• The length in metres of each Board member maintained drains. These can Selby Area IDB
be numbered, I am not requesting details of any individual.
Swale and Ure DB
• Has the Board made a resolution to make crop loss payments without
evidence of damage to crops?
We have 20 working days within which to respond to your request, terminating 15th
The Shire Group of
August but will endeavour to provide you with the information sooner.
Internal Drainage Boards
is managed by JBA Consulting
We are not yet certain whether the Board holds all the information requested but will Registered Office
advise in our response.
In the meantime, would you please clarify to what you might refer in the question for Skipton
information on what ratepayers might provide the Board in return for maintenance of North Yorkshire
Jeremy Benn Associates Limited
Registered in England 3246693
Alison Briggs BSc (Hons) Env. Sc., MSc Env. Mngt. (Climate Change)
Environmental Officer and Administrator to the Board