FOI: 7244965 Consultations
1. List the job titles and pay scales of all staff who work in consultations excluding Kelly
Powell as you have published this before?
Consultations are carried out by officers across the organisation with Communications
assisting them where possible, therefore it is not possible to provide an exact number.
There are no staff that have a role of pure consultation as far as I am aware. The role of
Head of Media and Consultations is being stopped and changed as part of the
Communications and Marketing restructure.
2. Can you tell me do you use any outside consultants or services?
Generally consultations are done in house unless there is a specialist need. We
(Communications and Marketing Service) had one of these needs in November last year
when we wanted a representative sample of our population for the Your Borough Your
Future budget consultation to get a more precise view of our residents (in house surveys
are self-selecting). In that case a telephone survey and face to face survey was
commissioned to supplement the online survey that the council ran in house. The surveys
cost £11,850. That was for 1065 telephone consultations and 200 face to face
consultations. It was subject to a procurement process to get best value.
3. If the answer to number 2 is yes. What fees are involved in this?
4. How do you decide what to hold a consultation on?
Generally services may choose to hold a consultation if a change to the service is being
considered. They should seek advice from the Communications and Marketing service.
5. Is there a handbook or manual on consultations?
6. Who decides a topic should be put to the public for consultation for example, does the
head of consultation decide areas of work to be consulted or is this decided at meetings
such as O&S.
See question four.