This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Psychiatric Inpatient Treatment'.

Ref: FOI/00506/CC 
12th January 2017 
Freedom of Information Requests 
1st Floor West Wing 
Julian Cadbury 
New Alderley Building 
Macclesfield District General Hospital 
Victoria Road 
 SK10 3BL 
Tel: 01625 663828 
Dear Julian Cadbury, 
Re: Freedom of Information Act 2000 
    Psychiatric Inpatient Treatment 
Thank you for your information request indicated in bold below, which has now been 
considered  under  the  Freedom  of  Information  Act  2000  by  NHS  Eastern  Cheshire 
Clinical  Commissioning  Group  (CCG).  I  am  able  to  provide  you  with  the  following 
information and responses.  
You asked: 

I understand that the inpatient psychiatric unit at Macclesfield is facing 
closure (possibly from October 2017). Please advise me where those 
needing admission (for example those Sectioned under the Mental Health 
Act)  who reside in the present Macclesfield catchment area, will be 
admitted to, should the unit close. I am not interested in receiving a reply 
which seeks to justify the development of "less restrictive" alternatives to 

Our response: 
NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG, as the commissioner of healthcare for our local 
patient population, is in receipt of the proposals to publically consult on the 
redesign of Mental Health Services across Central and Eastern Cheshire by 
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP). 
CWP presented their initial plans entitled ‘Redesigning Adults and Older 
People’s Mental Health Services in Central and Eastern Cheshire
’ to NHS 
Eastern Cheshire CCG’s Governing Body on 28th September 2016. Details of 
the plans presented by CWP to NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG’s Governing Body, 
along with NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG’s Governing Body’s response, are 
available on our website at the following link:  

Dr Paul Bowen BMBS MRCGP Clinical Chair 
Jerry Hawker Chief Officer 

Please note that CWP are due to attend NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG’s 
Governing Body again in February 2017 to provide the further information and 
clarification that has been requested, following their last attendance on 28th 
September 2016. You therefore, may wish to redirect your request to CWP 
regarding any information on the proposals and in particular, where people 
requiring admission under the Mental Health Act in the Macclesfield area would 
go to, should the Millbrook Unit close. CWP can be contacted for Freedom of 
Information requests on the following email address: 
If you have any queries or concerns, wish to request a review of our response or are 
unhappy  with  the  service  you  have  received  in  relation  to  this  Freedom  of 
Information  request,  please  do  not  hesitate  to  contact  the  Freedom  of  Information 
Requests team; details provided at the top of this letter.  
If  you  request  a  review  of  our  response  and  are  not  content  with  the  subsequent 
outcome,  you  may  apply  directly  to  the  Information  Commissioner  for  a  decision.   
Generally,  the  Information  Commissioner  cannot  make  a  decision  unless  you  have 
exhausted  the  Freedom  of  Information  complaints  procedure  provided  by  NHS 
Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group.  
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: 
The Information Commissioner’s Office 
Wycliffe House 
Water Lane 
SK9 5AF 
Yours sincerely 
Jerry Hawker 
Chief Officer 
NHS Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group 
Re- Use of Information 
Most of the information that we provide in response to Freedom of Information Act 2000 request will 
be  subject  to  copyright  protection.  In  most  cases  the  copyright  will  be  owned  by  NHS  Eastern 
Cheshire CCG. The copyright in other information may be owned by another person or organisation, 
as indicated on the information itself. 
You are free to use any information supplied for your own non-commercial research or private study 
purposes.  The  information  may  also  be  used  for  any  other  purpose  allowed  by  a  limitation  or 
exception in copyright law, such as news reporting.  However, any other type of re-use, for example 
by  publishing  the  information  in  analogue  or  digital  form,  including  on  the  internet,  will  require  the 
permission of the copyright owner.  Therefore, you must ensure that  you gain our permission before 
reproducing any information. You may need a licence from us for this. 
Page 2 of 2