This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Correspondence with the Garden Bridge Trust & TfL re: the Garden Bridge'.





  
Executive Assistant to David Bellamy, Chief of Staff 
Greater London Authority 
City Hall 
More London 
SE1 2AA 
Tel: 
  
From: Fiona Fletcher-Smith  
Sent: 02 June 2016 16:10 
To: David Bellamy; Nick Bowes; Jack Stenner 
Subject: FW: Lambeth / Coin Street meeting 
See below. 
Are one of you able to ring Lib to triangulate? We can then call the parties together. 
In Brent this pm so call me on the mobile if you need to discuss. 
 
Sent with Good (www.good.com) 
-----Original Message----- 
From: Brown Andy 
 
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 04:06 PM GMT Standard Time 
To: Fiona Fletcher-Smith 
Cc: Williams Alex 
Subject: Lambeth / Coin Street meeting 
Hi Fiona 
I’ve just heard from the Trust that Lib Peck and Lord Davies spoke on the phone earlier and agreed that the 
best thing would be for a meeting to be set up urgently between Lambeth, Coin Street, GBT and the 
Mayor’s Office ‐‐ the kind of meeting we discussed before with David Bellamy and others ‐‐ and that this 
would be best arranged at the request of the Mayor’s Office 
What do you think? Would a good way forward be for someone in the Mayor’s Office to speak to Lib 
directly about that, if only to check she has the same understanding of her conversation with Mervyn? 
Thanks 
Andy 
*********************************************************************************** 
3







Paul Robinson
From:
Brown Andy <A
Sent:
15 June 2016 08:10
To:
Fiona Fletcher-Smith
Cc:
Williams Alex; 
Subject:
RE: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting
Attachments:
2016-06-14 Mayor's Office briefing for GB meeting with LBL, CSCB and GBT.docx
1




14 June 2016 
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON 
BRIEFING NOTE 
Subject: 
Meeting with Lambeth Council, Coin Street Community Builders 
and the Garden Bridge Trust, 16 June 2016 

Internal: 
David Bellamy, GLA 
Fiona Fletcher Smith, GLA 
Alex Williams, TfL 
 TfL 
External: 
Bee Emmott, Garden Bridge Trust 
John Heaps, Garden Bridge Trust 
Sean Harriss, London Borough of Lambeth 
Iain Tuckett, Coin Street Community Builders 
Scott Rice, Coin Street Community Builders 
 


14 June 2016 
 


14 June 2016 
 


14 June 2016 
 









From: Fiona Fletcher-Smith [mailto:
 
Sent: 13 June 2016 10:42 
To: Brown Andy 
Cc: Williams Alex; 
 
Subject: RE: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting 
Yes please. 
From: Brown Andy [mailto
 
Sent: 13 June 2016 10:33 
To: Fiona Fletcher-Smith 
Cc: Williams Alex; 
 
Subject: RE: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting 
Hi Fiona 
Would you (and David) welcome a short note in advance of the meeting on Thursday? 
I am seeing Lambeth at 4pm today to get the very latest from them following their meeting with Iain 
Tuckett on Friday morning ‐‐ I’ll be able to put something together after that. 
Many thanks 
Andy 
-----Original Appointment----- 
From: David Bellamy 
Sent: 13 June 2016 10:19 
To: David Bellamy; Brown Andy; Bee Emmott 
 Fiona Fletcher-Smith; Williams 
Alex; TOM's Asst. Brixton (
 'Peck,Lib Cllr'; '
 
 
Subject: FW: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting 
When: 16 June 2016 16:00-17:00 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. 
Where: Room 8.7, City Hall 
2











Paul Robinson
From:
Brown Andy <
Sent:
22 June 2016 14:04
To:
Cc:

Fiona Fletcher-Smith; Williams Alex
Subject:
RE: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting
Thanks 
 ‐‐ that’s a shame as John is really good and it would have been helpful to have the 
continuity of him being there, but I think it’s important we crack on with the meeting. I have met Alistair a 
number of times and think it would be useful to have him join the meeting.  
Andy 
  
Sent: 22 June 2016 13:57 
To: Fiona Fletcher-Smith; Williams Alex; Brown Andy 
Subject: FW: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting 
FYI 
From: 
  
Sent: 22 June 2016 13:13 
To: 
 
Subject: RE: Lambeth/Coin St/Garden Bridge Meeting 
Hello
,  
Hope you’re well. Unfortunately John Heaps sends his apologies for being unable to make the London meeting this 
coming Friday due to being out of the country.  
Since Lord Davies is also out of the country and both him and John are unable to get out of those commitments, we 
would like to extend the invite to another GBT Trustee Alistair Subba Row. Given his background and knowledge of 
the situation, he is the only other trustee that seems appropriate to join. He will be attending with Bee Emmott‐ I 
hope this is okay 
Many thanks  
  
GREATERLONDONAUTHORITY  
EMAIL NOTICE:
The information in this email may contain confidential or privileged materials. Please read the full email notice 
at  http://www.london.gov.uk/email-notice  
Click here to report this email as SPAM. 
*********************************************************************************** 
1



Paul Robinson
From:
Sent:

27 June 2016 13:02
To:
Harriss,Sean; Andrew J. Brown
Cc:
Bee Emmott; Iain Tuckett; Foster1,Sue; Roebuck,Sandra; McKane,Alison; Martin 
Woodhouse; JAMES Ellen; HERRICK Georgie; 
 
 Fiona Fletcher-Smith; Ritchie Charles; Griffin Kate; 
Michael Hallowell
Subject:
RE: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting
Hello Andy, 
GBT and BDB are available to attend a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and on Wednesday between 08:30‐11am. BDB 
have also kindly offered to host the meeting at their offices near St James’s Park. 
Best wishes 
  
From: Harriss,Sean [mailto
  
Sent: 27 June 2016 10:52 
To: Brown Andy <
 
Cc: Bee Emmott <
 Iain Tuckett <
 
 Foster1,Sue 
Roebuck,Sandra 
 McKane,Alison <
 Martin Woodhouse 
<
JAMES Ellen 
 HERRICK Georgie 
<
 Fiona Fletcher‐
Smith (
<
 Ritchie Charles 
<
; Griffin Kate 
; Michael Hallowell 
<
 
Subject: Re: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Sue/Alison/Sandra  
Can you sort for us please 
Regards 
Sean  
Sent from my iPhone 
On 27 Jun 2016, at 10:24, Brown Andy 
 wrote: 
Hi Sean, Iain and Bee, 
It was agreed at the meeting on Friday morning that a further meeting involving both clients 
and lawyers was needed early this week to make progress on implementing the points of 
principle that were agreed at City Hall. 
My suggestion would be tomorrow (Tuesday) morning or Wednesday morning this week, as 
a starter for ten. Please can you let me know attendance and availability from your 
organisation? 
I am relaxed about where physically we meet, but I do think it is important that Lambeth, 
Coin Street, GBT and TfL / GLA all have at least one lawyer and one ‘client’ there to ensure 
1











Many thanks 
Andy 
From: Shaw3,Katy [mailto
  
Sent: 27 June 2016 13:40 
To: Brown Andy 
Subject: FW: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Andrew,  
Sue Foster is available at 9.30 on Wednesday morning.  Would you and your 
colleagues be able to a meeting at Olive Morris House.  
Regards,  
 
  
Governance Officer  
Neighbourhood and Growth 
London Borough of Lambeth
 
Phone: 
 
Website: www.lambeth.gov.uk 
Lambeth - a cooperative council 
From: Harriss,Sean  
Sent: 27 June 2016 10:52 
To: Brown Andy <
 
Cc: Bee Emmott 
 Iain Tuckett 
 Rebecca Olajide 
 Foster1,Sue <
 Roebuck,Sandra 
 McKane,Alison <
 Martin Woodhouse 
<
 JAMES Ellen <
; HERRICK Georgie 
<
 Fiona Fletcher‐
Smith 
Ritchie Charles 
Griffin Kate <
Michael Hallowell 
 
Subject: Re: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Sue/Alison/Sandra  
Can you sort for us please 
Regards 
Sean  
Sent from my iPhone 
On 27 Jun 2016, at 10:24, Brown Andy
 wrote: 
Hi Sean, Iain and Bee, 
It was agreed at the meeting on Friday morning that a further meeting involving both clients 
and lawyers was needed early this week to make progress on implementing the points of 
principle that were agreed at City Hall. 
2





Andy 
From: 
 [mailto
  
Sent: 27 June 2016 13:40 
To: Brown Andy 
Subject: FW: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Andrew, 
Sue Foster is available at 9.30 on Wednesday morning.  Would you and 
your colleagues be able to a meeting at Olive Morris House. 
Regards, 
 
 
Governance Officer  
Neighbourhood and Growth 
London Borough of Lambeth 
Phone: 
 
Website: www.lambeth.gov.uk 
Lambeth - a cooperative council 
From: Harriss,Sean  
Sent: 27 June 2016 10:52 
To: Brown Andy <
 
Cc: Bee Emmott <
; Iain Tuckett 
 
Rebecca Olajide <
; Foster1,Sue <

Roebuck,Sandra 
; McKane,Alison <A
 
Martin Woodhouse <
>; JAMES Ellen <
 HERRICK Georgie <G
 
; Fiona Fletcher‐Smith 
 
 Ritchie Charles <
Griffin Kate 
<
>; Michael Hallowell <
 
Subject: Re: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Sue/Alison/Sandra  
Can you sort for us please 
Regards 
Sean  
Sent from my iPhone 
On 27 Jun 2016, at 10:24, Brown Andy <
wrote: 
Hi Sean, Iain and Bee, 
It was agreed at the meeting on Friday morning that a further meeting 
involving both clients and lawyers was needed early this week to make 
progress on implementing the points of principle that were agreed at City 
Hall. 
2

My suggestion would be tomorrow (Tuesday) morning or Wednesday 
morning this week, as a starter for ten. Please can you let me know 
attendance and availability from your organisation? 
I am relaxed about where physically we meet, but I do think it is important 
that Lambeth, Coin Street, GBT and TfL / GLA all have at least one lawyer and 
one ‘client’ there to ensure we can make progress on the detail as well as 
resolving points of principle in the room, if any come up. 
Many thanks 
Andy 
 
Programme Manager, Garden Bridge & Managing Director’s Office - TfL Planning 
Transport for London 
10th Floor, Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0TL 
**************************************************************
********************* 
The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you have 
received this email in error, please notify us immediately at 
xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xx and remove it from your system. If received in error, 
please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its content. 
Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality 
or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files.  
Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at 
Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0TL. Further 
information about Transport for London’s subsidiary companies can be found 
on the following link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/ 
Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses, 
recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any 
attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be 
caused by viruses. 
**************************************************************
********************* 
Disclaimers apply for full details see http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/EmailDisclaimer.htm 
3

Paul Robinson
From:
Brown Andy 
Sent:
27 June 2016 18:42
To:
Fiona Fletcher-Smith
Subject:
Fwd: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting
Fiona ‐‐ I have been assuming you don't want to attend this meeting, and I'm happy in that case to cover for both TfL 
and the GLA. But if you did want to be there please do say.  
Andy 
Begin forwarded message: 
From: Brown Andy 
Date: 27 June 2016 at 18:41:11 BST 
To: Lesley‐Anne Avis 
Cc: "
 Iain Tuckett <
 Bee Emmott 
<
Rebecca Olajide <r
"Foster1,Sue" <
, "Roebuck,Sandra" <
"McKane,Alison" <
, Martin Woodhouse 
<
 JAMES Ellen <
, HERRICK 
Georgie <
uk>, Andrew Sanders <A
"Fiona Fletcher‐Smith 
Ritchie Charles <
>, Griffin Kate 
, Michael Hallowell <
Subject: Re: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting 
Hi Lesley‐Anne 
Michael and I can do that, from a TfL and GLA perspective 
Thanks 
Andy 
On 27 Jun 2016, at 18:27, Lesley‐Anne Avis 
 wrote: 
Dear all 
I have discussed with my client that I need to meet with him before we meet with 
everyone else, and as Iain is not available tomorrow I am proposing to meet with 
him at 8 AM on Wednesday morning at BLP's offices. So I propose that we start the 
all parties meeting at 10 AM at BLP's offices. Will everyone please confirm that this 
is agreed. Also let me know if anyone needs directions. 
Regards 
Sent from my iPhone 
On 27 Jun 2016, at 14:04, Brown Andy 
 wrote: 
Hi 
1







Paul Robinson
From:
Bee Emmott <
>
Sent:
28 June 2016 19:19
To:
Andrew J. Brown
Cc:
Lesley-Anne Avis; Shaw3,Katy; Iain Tuckett; Rebecca Olajide; Foster1,Sue; 
Roebuck,Sandra; McKane,Alison; Martin Woodhouse; JAMES Ellen; HERRICK Georgie; 
Andrew Sanders; Fiona Fletcher-Smith; Ritchie Charles; Griffin Kate; Michael Hallowell; 
Shani Kennedy 
Subject:
Re: LBL / CSCB / GBT / GLA / TfL meeting
Thanks Andy 
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. 
Bee 
Bee Emmott  
Executive Director 
Garden Bridge Trust 
On 28 Jun 2016, at 18:48, Brown Andy <
> wrote: 
Thanks Lesley‐Anne 
So, to confirm ‐ the meeting is on for 9:30am tomorrow at Olive Morris House in Brixton.  
Thanks everyone for making timings and location work, and I look forward to seeing you all in the 
morning.  
Andy  
On 28 Jun 2016, at 12:14, Lesley‐Anne Avis <
 wrote: 
Whilst that is unhelpful my client does not wish to delay matters, so I will meet with 
Iain at 8am (we will make our own arrangements) and we shall be at Olive Morris 
House for 9.30am.  
Regards 
Lesley-Anne Avis | Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP 
Partner 
Direct Dial:
Main:

Mobile:
Email:
Web:

www.blplaw.com 
Removed remainder of duplicate email