Bath & North East Somerset Council
Request for Information
Please could you answer the following questions with regards to the closure
of the Independent Living Fund.
1) Will you be ring fencing the ILF money passed to you to :-
a) Individual ILF Users. The ILF funding transferring to the local authority for
the period 1st July 2015 to March 31st 2016 will be allocated to the individual
b) Adult Social Care.
c) Not ring fence at all.
2) Have you received the details of how much money you are being allocated
and if so how much is that. No we have not received the final details of the
total amount we will be receiving.
3) When will you be starting reassessments of ILF users and when do you
anticipate completing those assessments. We have already started the
reassessment process and anticipate completion of this by the end of April
4) What arrangements are you putting in place for those ILF users you have
not reassessed by 30th June to continue funding their current ILF care
packages until an assessment has been carried out.
Bearing in mind that many of these ILF users will not currently have Direct
Payments set up with the Local Authority. All of our ILF recipients are
engaging with the reassessment process. We have prioritised individuals who
receive Direct Payments or would like to have a Direct Payment to ensure this
is sent up in preparation for July 1st to ensure a seamless transfer.
5) Do you have contingency plans in case a change in Government at the
forthcoming election alters the ILF funding situation?. Impact analysis and risk
assessments have been considered as part of our contingency planning