2017 Library Statistics

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Isle of Anglesey Council should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Isle of Anglesey Council,

FAO The Library Service.

Dear Library Service,

Hello. I have two requests that shouldn't be much trouble.

1. Could you answer if the library service or local authority completes annual CIPFA library stats. These are as detailed here:

2. If the answer to the above is Yes, please could you send your 2017 CIPFA library stats return (covering financial year 2016/2017)?

It is important that this should be sent in the exact format (a copy of the same file) that is sent to CIPFA.

To try and pre-empt any concerns about this request, there is no reason why the authority should not be able to also supply this data to third parties as well as CIPFA. It's subject to Freedom of Information, without exemption, as it is data that is compiled and held by the authority.

There are many examples of previous Freedom of Information requests for this data. Only one seemed to be rejected, by Derbyshire County Council, based on their belief that it was exempt as it would be possible to obtain these from CIPFA. This was clearly wrong though, and was overturned on appeal by the Solicitor for the Director of Legal Services in that Council.

If you're interested (though it's not very interesting) you can read it through here:

But anyway, it'll be a good thing so don't worry!

Yours faithfully,

Dave Rowe

FOI, Isle of Anglesey Council

1 Attachment

Thank you for your recent request for information from the Isle of
Anglesey County Council.


In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the
Environmental Information Regulations 2004, we aim to respond to your
request within 20 working days.   In some instances we may be unable to
achieve this deadline, in which case we will advise you of the likely
timescale within which the response will be provided.



Beryl Jones

Swyddog Gwybodaeth Corfforaethol a Chwynion – Adain Gyfreithiol,  Cyngor
Sir Ynys Môn

Corporate Information and Complaints  Officer-  Legal Section, Isle of
Anglesey County Council









Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .