CHAPTER H Part 5 â€“ Work Programme
Make a Referral to the Work Programme (WP)
1. LMS will check eligibility for entry to the Work Programme at various points ie on
creating new client details, selecting client details and updating client/JP details.
2. A Work Programme referral interview notification will appear from 2 weeks prior to the
WP Eligibility Date. On opening the client record the following message will appear:
Please book this customer a Work Programme referral interview
3. This message will not be displayed if any of the following apply:
ï‚· A referral to the Work Programme has been made;
ï‚· A Deferral/Exemption to the Work Programme is in place;
ï‚· Stopped claiming benefit;
ï‚· Outstanding referral to or participating in Work Choice provision;
ï‚· A Work Programme Interview booked;
ï‚· The message has been displayed once for JSA Early Access customers.
4. When you open the â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™ window LMS will calculate the customerâ€™s
Customer Group and check any existing Work Programme attributes. A hotspot will be
displayed reflecting the customerâ€™s journey within the Work Programme.
Customer Group established but the Eligibility Date has not been
Eligibility Date has been reached or has passed.
Exemption or Deferral recorded.
Referred to a WP provider.
No longer participating in the Work Programme
5. This hotspot will not be displayed for customers who do not have a Customer Group
6. Clicking on the [WP] hotspot opens the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window with the following non
ï‚· Current Cust Grp
: - Customer Group calculated from LMS information, see
Appendix A, Customer Group Values ;
ï‚· Referred Cust Grp
: - Customer Group at the time of referral. This will only change
if the referral is cancelled. The field will be blank before the customer is referred to
the Work Programme.
ï‚· Eligibility Date
: - linked and calculated from the Current Customer Group;
ï‚· WP Start Date
: - date referred to the Work Programme:
: - initials and surname of the officer who last amended the record, or the
system officer set up for automatic system updates;
: - date of the last amendment of the record or the system date for automatic
: - mnemonic of the officerâ€™s office or the system dummy office for automatic
7. Referrals cannot be made to Work Programme opportunities by any process other than
the one described below.
8. Clicking on the [Refer] button will select the appropriate provision applicable to the
Customer Group and any Market Share/Shift will apply.
9. This button will not be available if:
ï‚™ A postponement is recorded;
ï‚™ The customer is on Work Choice;
ï‚™ The window is in â€˜amend â€˜mode:
ï‚™ The referral window is open.
10. The Work Programme referral will be displayed in the â€˜Create Referralâ€™ window. See
Chapter F, Submissions and Referrals for further details on completing the â€˜Create
11. If an appropriate provision cannot be found the following message will be displayed:
No Provisions found.
Please contact the help desk
12. Click [OK].
13. On saving the referral the following message will be displayed:
Please confirm the customer Action Plan and information is correct?
14. You cannot continue the [Save] process until [Yes] is selected. This message will not
be received once the customer is participating in the Work Programme.
15. If the customer is an ESA customer the following message will be displayed:
Does the customer require Safe Guard Measures?
16. If the answer is [Yes], this will be recorded with the referral, but not displayed in LMS.
17. If the customer is the first member of a joint claim the following message will be
The customer is part of a joint claim.
Please consider referring the other customer to the Work Programme.
18. Click [OK]. Once the referral has been saved a marker will be set on the other joint
claimantâ€™s client record. When this record is subsequently accessed the following
message will be displayed, until the other joint claimant is referred:
This customer is eligible for the Work Programme and can be immediately
Note: Referring a joint claim second member follows the same process; the only
difference being that if a joint claim second member cannot be referred to the same
provider as the first joint claimant; on clicking [Refer] the following message will be
No provider is available to refer to.
19. When a referral has been completed and saved, the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window will update
and display the â€˜WP Start Dateâ€™ and the customerâ€™s Customer Group at time of referral.
20. On closing the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window, the [WP] hotspot on the â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™
window will update to [WP-Participant].
Postpone a Referral to the Work Programme
21. You can defer or postpone a customerâ€™s referral to the Work programme at any time
before they are recorded as participating in the Work Programme.
22. Click on the [WP] hotspot for a customer who is Pre-WP or WP-Eligible to open the
â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window.
23. The â€˜WP Details â€˜window contains the following amendable fields:
: - choose from
ï€ Not Applicable
ï€ Exempt â€“ ESA customers still employed
ï€ Exempt â€“ Victim of domestic violence
ï€ Exempt â€“ Pregnancy
ï€ Exempt â€“ ESA WCA Prognosis Appeal
ï€ Exempt â€“ ESA Lone Parent with youngest child under 5
ï€ Exempt â€“ Customer on other suitable provision
ï€ Exempt â€“ ESA Full Time Carer
ï€ Exempt â€“ Post WP Support Trailblazer
ï€ Exempt â€“Joint Claim Exemption
If the eligibility date has been reached the following options are also available:
ï€ Defer â€“ Job Offer/Job Start
ï€ Defer â€“ Job Interview
ï€ Defer â€“ Job Outcome Expected
ï€ Defer â€“ On other Provision
ï€ Defer â€“ Other
ï‚· Review Date
: - can be amended unless the â€˜Postponeâ€™ field is set to â€˜Not
Applicableâ€™. This field is mandatory if a postponement reason has been selected.
The date must not be in the past, and if you choose to defer the referral, the
maximum deferral period can only be 90 days from the eligibility date (day one
being the eligibility date). If the deferral date exceeds 90 days, the following
message will be displayed:
Postponement Date cannot be more than 90 days after the eligibility date
Also the total amount for all the customerâ€™s deferrals cannot be above 90 days.
If the total amount exceeds 90 days the following message will be displayed:
Total deferral Days have been exceeded
: Free text field of 150 characters maximum. This field can be amended
unless the â€˜Postponeâ€™ field is set to â€˜Not Applicableâ€™
Note: If the â€™Postponeâ€™ field is changed to â€˜Not applicableâ€™, data in the â€˜Review Dateâ€™ and
â€˜Notesâ€™ fields will be cleared and the fields mode non amendable.
: Clicking on the [Hist] button will open the â€˜Postponement Historyâ€™ subform
which displays a history of postponements applicable to the customer. If no history
is available to view, the button will be dimmed. This subform consists of:
ï‚™ Review date - review date set for the postponement (most recent displayed first)
ï‚™ Reason â€“ reason text from the â€˜Postponeâ€™ drop down field
ï‚™ Removed â€“ date that the â€˜Postponementâ€™ field was set and saved to â€˜Not
ï‚™ [Hide] â€“ clicking on this button makes the subform invisible
24. A Work Programme referral can only be cancelled on the same day as the referral is
25. To cancel a referral to the Work Programme click on the [WP] hotspot in the â€˜View
Client Detailsâ€™ window to open the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window. Select the [Refer] button, if no
â€˜Date Startedâ€™ has been recorded against the referral, on selecting the [AmRef] button the
[Cancel] button becomes available to select in the â€˜View Follow Upâ€™ field.
26. The [Cancel] option will not be available if a â€˜Date startedâ€™ is recorded against the
27. On saving the cancelled follow up result the following message will be displayed:
Are you sure you want to cancel this referral?
28. Once the [Save] has been successful, the referral details will be removed from the â€˜WP
Detailsâ€™ window and the Work Programme Status will be changed from [WP-Participant] to
the status that matches the customerâ€™s current eligibility
29. When a customerâ€™s [WP] hotspot is [WP-Participant] you cannot refer them to a Work
Choice provision. If you attempt to make a referral the following message will be displayed
and the referral cannot continue:
As the customer is a Work Programme participant they cannot be referred to
WP participant attends training
30. When a customer is required to attend training while participating in the Work
Programme, LMS users need to be aware that the customer will be unable to sign. The
Allowance Payments team will be informed and the information needs to be recorded on
the customerâ€™s â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™ window. A Training Allowance menu item is available
under the â€˜Other functionâ€™ menu.
31. Selecting the â€˜training allowanceâ€™ menu item opens the Training Allowance subform
with the following fields:
ï‚· Start date
ï‚· Expected end Date
ï‚· Actual End Date.
32. If invalid data is entered, error messages will be received.
33. Once valid Training Allowance dates have been saved and the â€˜Start Dateâ€™ has been
reached, a [Trng Allow] hotspot will be displayed on the â€˜View Client detailsâ€™ window.
34. The Training Allowance subform can be accessed via the [Trng Allow] hotspot and
corresponding Hotspots menu item. The Other Function menu item will be removed once
the hotspot is available.
35. Once the â€˜Actual End Dateâ€™ is reached or is in the past the [Trng Allow] hotspot will be
removed from the â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™ window.
36. If an â€˜Actual End Dateâ€™ has not been recorded, you will need to record one to remove
the [Trng Allow] hotspot once the â€˜Expected End dateâ€™ is reached.
Pension Credit Customers
37. Referral to the Work Programme for Pension Credit customers is voluntary.
38. A [Pension Credit] hotspot will be displayed on the â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™ window if â€˜Yesâ€™
or â€˜Yes Health problemsâ€™ has been selected from the Pension Credit drop down field.
39. Clicking on the [Pension Credit] hotspot opens a sub form to enable you to input the
â€˜Benefit Claim Dateâ€™.
40. Any date stored in this field will be removed if the Pension Credit drop down field is set
to â€˜Noâ€™ or â€˜Not Knownâ€™
41. On saving the Pension Credit/Health Condition details, LMS calculates eligibility for the
Work Programme and updates the [WP] hotspot accordingly.
42. If they are eligible and can be referred immediately, the following message will be
This customer is eligible for the Work Programme and can be immediately
43. When you select an option other than â€˜WCA Outcome Awaitedâ€™, â€˜WCA Disallowedâ€™ or
â€˜WCA Disallowed (Appealed) from the ESA Classification drop down list, an [ESA
Classification] hotspot will be displayed on the â€˜JP Client â€˜ window.
44. Selecting the [ESA Classification] hotspot will open a â€˜WCA Outcomeâ€™ sub form with the
ï‚· Decision date â€“ this field can be amended
ï‚· End Date â€“ this field can be amended
ï‚· Prognosis â€“ this field cannot be amended by you and displays text calculated on
saving the WCA outcomes. This will only be calculated for ESA customers
recorded in LMS as WRAG
Period between the WWCA outcome date
and the Future WCA date
3 months or less
3 Month Prognosis
3 month and 1 day to 6 months
6 Months Prognosis
More than 6 months
12 Months + Prognosis
ï‚· ESA Benefit Type â€“ this field can be amended and gives the following options;
ï‚™ ESA (Cont)
ï‚™ ESA (IR)
On saving, the ESA benefit Type will be displayed on the â€˜JP Clientâ€™ window in a non
45. Recording the above determines the Customer Group and eligibility date for referral to
the Work Programme.
46. The [WP] hotspot will be updated accordingly:
ï‚™ WCA Outcome date in the future â€“ [Pre-WP]
ï‚™ WCA Outcome date not in the future â€“ [WP-Eligible]
47. If LMS calculates the customer is eligible for WP the following message will be
This customer is eligible for the Work Programme and can be immediately
48. You can record the status of an ESA customer by clicking on the â€˜ESA Statusâ€™ drop
down field in the â€˜JP Clientâ€™ window. Choose from:
ï‚· Not Known
Work Programme Completers
49. The customerâ€™s [WP] hotspot will show as [WP-Completer]. Click on the [WP] hotspot
to open the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window. This window will show the following non amendable
ï‚· Completer Reason
ï€ Referred to other suitable provision (passed from PRAP)
ï€ Customer Deceased (passed from PRAP)
ï€ Final Outcome Claimed (passed from PRAP)
ï€ End of Allotted Time (LMS system generated 728 days from the referral date)
ï‚· Completer Date
: Date passed from PRAP or LMS system generated.
Referral to the Work Programme for Work Programme Completers
50. Click on the [WP-Completer] hotspot to open the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window.
51. If a current customer group is held, clicking on the [Refer] button will display the
â€˜Do you wish to create a new referral to the Work Programme?
52. Clicking on [Yes] will open the â€˜Create Referralâ€™ window:
ï‚™ Referred Cust Grp â€“ updated on a subsequent referral.
ï‚™ Eligibility Date â€“ date based on the current customer group. This will probably be
in the past for subsequent referrals.
ï‚™ WP Start Date â€“ this will overwrite any previous date once a new referral has
ï‚™ Postpone details â€“ not enabled for subsequent referrals.
ï‚™ Completer Reason and Date â€“ blanked out once a new referral has been made.
53. The Market Share calculation will be reapplied.
54. Once a new referral has been made the [WP] hotspot on the â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™
window will show as [WP â€“ Participant].
55. To access previous referrals to the Work Programme click on the [Hist] button on the
â€˜View Client Detailsâ€™ window.
56. Clicking on [No] will display the â€˜Referralâ€™ window with the details of the completed
Work Programme referral.
57. If a current customer group is not held, clicking on the [Refer] button will open the
â€˜Referralâ€™ window with details of the completed Work Programme Referral.
58. Jobcentre Plus will request an Exit Report from the Provider when a customer is
approaching the end of the â€˜Allotted Timeâ€™ or have completed on the Work Programme.
For a customer who is [WP â€“Participant] or [WP-Completer] click on the hotspot to open
the â€˜WP Detailsâ€™ window. The window will have the following fields:
ï‚· Request Date
â€“ amendable field for the date the report was requested.
ï‚· Return Date
â€“ amendable field for the date the report is returned to Jobcentre Plus
Overdue Referrals to the Work Programme
59. This report is available weekly via OPRT and shows mandatory customers who have
had a WP referral eligibility date calculated which is now 28 days in the past and have not
got a WP Referral Interview booked or a referral to the Work Programme recorded against
60. Customers recorded as deferred or exempt from the Work Programme will not appear
on this report.
61. If there are no customers to report then this report shows â€˜There are no overdue
referrals to reportâ€™.
Work Programme Deferral/Exemption report
62. This report is available weekly via OPRT and shows customers who are recorded as
deferred or exempt and have reached their review date.
63. If there are no customers to report then this report shows â€˜There are no deferrals or
exemptions to reportâ€™.
Jobcentre Plus WP End Notification Report
64. This report is available daily via OPRT and shows customers who have an active claim
and have completed 714 days of their allotted time on the Work Programme.
65. Customers must not appear on the report for more than 30 days.
66. Customers for whom an Exit Report has been requested will not appear on the report.
67. If there are no customers to report then this report shows â€˜There are no end
notifications to reportâ€™.
Customer Group Values
WP JSA 18-24
WP JSA 25+
WP Pension Credit
WP JSA Early Access
WP JSA NEET
WP JSA Claiming 22 of 24 Mths
WP JSA Ex-IB
WP ESA (c) WRAG Mandatory
WP ESA (c) WRAG Voluntary
WP ESA Credit Only
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 12Mth Mandatory
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 12Mth Voluntary
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 3/6Mth Stock
WP Pension Credit â€“ Health Issues
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 3/6Mth Mandatory
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 3/6Mth Voluntary
WP ESA (IR) Support Group
WP ESA (c) Support Group
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 3/6Mth Mandatory ExIB
WP ESA (IR) WRAG 3/6Mth Voluntary ExIB
WP ESA (IR) Support Group ExIB
WP ESA (c) Support Group ExIB
WP IB and IS Volunteer