Why is there a requirement for planning permission?

Alex:King (asis commonly called) made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Adran yr Amgylchedd, Bwyd a Materion Gwledig

This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.

Adran yr Amgylchedd, Bwyd a Materion Gwledig Nid oedd gan y wybodaeth y gofynnwyd amdani.

Alex:King (asis commonly called)

Dear Sir or Madam,
Why is planning permission required for construction of a dwelling on freehold land?

Yours faithfully,

Alex:King (as is commonly called)

Helpline, Defra (CCU), Adran yr Amgylchedd, Bwyd a Materion Gwledig

Thank you for your email.

We have a target of replying to emails within 15 working days. If you
need a reply before then, please call the Defra Helpline on 08459 33 55

If your email is part of an organised campaign you will not receive an
individual response from us but may find the answer to your concerns on
Defra Online:


Some of the answers to current hot topics the public are asking can be
found here:

Customer Contact Unit

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within Defra systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.


Visible links
1. http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/about/...
2. http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/about/...

Gadawodd James Moore anodiad ()

Alex: it's a part of the registration process which means that the dwelling is then liable for local tax.

Helpline, Defra (CCU), Adran yr Amgylchedd, Bwyd a Materion Gwledig

Dear Mr King

Thank you for your email of 1 December requesting information on planning permission requirements. We are dealing with your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

I am writing to advise you that the information you requested is not held by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and that you need to contact the Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG) for a response.

You can write to CLG at:

Eland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5DU.

More information on how to make an FOIA request to CLG can be found at:


Jennifer Long
Business Support Team
Customer Contact Unit

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir