Dear University of Manchester,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I’d like to make a request regarding information on wellbeing services.
I’d like to request information regarding:
- The total spend on staff and student wellbeing services (or the equivalent department) during the 2018/19 academic year.
- Are student mental health services funded by the total identified above? Y/N
- If not, could you please identify which departments are responsible for student mental health support?
I’d kindly request that the information is sent digitally, in a spreadsheet format; .csv or .xls file types would be ideal.
I am writing to acknowledge your request under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 received by The University of Manchester, our reference as per
the subject line.
The University will respond to your request within 20 working days.
Dr Lisa Crawley l Information Officer l Information Governance Office
l Directorate of Compliance and Risk l Professional Support Services |
Room G7 Christie Building l Compliance & Risk Management Office l The
University of Manchester l Oxford Road l Manchester l M13 9PL l
Tel +44 (0)161 275 8400
Thank you for your request for information received by The University of
Manchester on 20 November 2019 which was as follows (numbered for ease):
1. The total spend on staff and student wellbeing services (or the
equivalent department) during the 2018/19 academic year.
2. Are student mental health services funded by the total identified
3. If not, could you please identify which departments are
responsible for student mental health support?
The University has now considered your request and we can advise as
1. We do not have a “Staff and Student Wellbeing Services” department
or equivalent. We do have a Counselling Service which provides sessions
for both staff and students. The total spend of the Counselling Service in
2018/19 was £1,088,411. In addition to this, you can find information on
staff wellbeing services and events online at
2. Yes, University provided mental health services are met from this,
in addition we contribute to the Greater Manchester Mental Health service
for significant MH difficulties. This is a partnership between the 5
Higher Education institutions in Greater Manchester and Greater Manchester
Health and Social Care Partnership. Our contribution is £277,160 over the
2 year pilot.
I trust this information is of use to you.
Sharon Glen | Information Officer | Information Governance Office |
Directorate of Compliance and Risk |Professional Services | G7 Christie
Building | The University of Manchester | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13
9PL | Tel +44(0) 161 306 7549| www.manchester.ac.uk
We are all responsible for protecting personal data held by the
University, including who we share that data with. Stop and think before
you send your email. For further guidance see:
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now