Verifying contact telephone number for ICO
Ian made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group,
When you answer FoI requests, your reply usually ends with the following boilerplate text...
"The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, telephone 0845 630 6060, email ..."
1. On what date did you first become aware that 0845 630 6060 is the contact number for the ICO?
2. On what basis and with what frequency do you check whether or not this is still the correct number for contacting the ICO?
3. What information sources do you use for this confirmation? e.g. ICO or other website, or perhaps calling the number itself.
4. What was the last date that you checked whether or not 0845 630 6060 is the correct number for contacting ICO (and which method was used for this check)?
5. What procedure is in place to update the boilerplate text should you discover that ICO has changed their number?
Good morning Ian
Thank you for your request for information potentially held by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group. Please see initial comments below and request for validity.
I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention an administrative oversight regarding the contact details provided for the ICO. I can confirm that records are in the process of being amended and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Below are initial comments re your questions:
1 - if this is held it is likely to be upon the inception, if not earlier, of the CCG i.e. April 2013.
2 – it is unlikely that any recorded information is held re this point, to assist you further I can confirm that the CSU FOI team, notwithstanding the oversight in this instance, regularly read content within the ICO website.
3 – as 2 above.
4 – as 2 above.
5 – as 2 above and to assist you further I can confirm records are in the process of being updated as detailed above.
I hope the above information is useful to you and should you wish the CCG to progress this further please validate your request by providing your full name in line with Section 8 of the Act – see page 6 of the following link:
Freedom of Information Officer
Engagement, Communications and Marketing
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
Scarsdale, Nightingale Close, Newbold Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7PF
T: 01246 514965
E: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now