Dear Housing and Regeneration Directorate,
With Government Digital Service’s (GDS) guidance on ‘Public sector use of the Public Cloud’ we are looking to create an industry report on how this new guidance may have changed the Cloud landscape for public sector organisations. In particular, we’re keen to ascertain if the guidance has helped ease concerns around moving to Public Cloud and what Public Cloud is being used for within your IT environments.
Please could we have responses by either paper or electronic copies.
1. Have you got a Cloud adoption strategy?
2. If yes does that strategy cover On-Premises, Private Cloud, Public Cloud or a Hybrid mix?
3. What are the issues you are concerned about with regards to Public Cloud:
a. Skills and Staffing
b. Service Level Agreements
c. Fear of Lock-in
d. Security / Audit
e. Data Sovereignty
f. Service Availability
i. Governance (e.g. spend control)
4. Are you currently using any Public Cloud resources at the moment?
5. If ‘No’ are you looking to add Public Cloud into your Cloud adoption strategy over the next 12 months?
6. Which Public Cloud resources are you using or planning on using?
a. Amazon AWS
b. Microsoft Azure
d. Google Cloud
7. What are your drivers for moving to Public Cloud? (multiple answers)
a. Reducing costs
c. Innovation & Experimenting
e. Improving business IT agility
f. Improve data resiliency
g. Improve productivity
8. What workloads would you look to move into Public Cloud? (multiple answers)
c. Test & Dev / DevOps
d. Data Analytics and BI (Business Intelligence)
e. Non Personally identifiable information (PII) applications
f. Personally identifiable information (PII) applications
9. Which business functions would you move to the Cloud? (multiple answers)
b. HR / Payroll
c. ERP / SCM
e. Field Service Management
f. Website hosting
10. Do you have the skills in-house to transition to the Cloud?
11. If you have adopted Public Cloud how have you classified the outcome?
b. Partial or qualified success
Dear Ms Evans
Please find attached the response to your FOI Request on Use of Public
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now