Dear North East Regional Employers Organisation,
I have a couple of questions please.
1. I believe NEREO is funded purely by subscriptions from local councils (County, Town / Parish) and therefore solely public money. Is that correct?
2. Please would you send me your policy relating to when you use a Private Investigator Agency to infiltrate Police criminal investigations? I'm puzzled as to how this is done from public money.
Regarding the 2 questions asked in the FOI request:
Q2. NEREO does not have such a policy.
Dear Michael Brodie,
Thank you for your very brief response. Please can you expand;
1. Where does your funding come from, other than councils?
2. If you have no policy on the use of private investigators to infiltrate Police criminal investigations, why did Police inform me that you did exactly that with the Police criminal investigation into misappropriation of public money at Peterlee Town Council in 2014?
Dear Mandy Thompson,
1. NEREO receives income for services provided to multi academy trusts, schools, Leisure and Housing Companies, Charitable organisations, Trade Unions and the private sector.
2. I have no idea why the Police would inform you of that. I suggest you ask them.
Sent from my iPad
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now