Dear University of York,
I am aware that you have a webpage outlining the University's Complaints Procedure: http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/...
I am searching for 2 pieces of information, detailed below. Please provided data from the academic year 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014 and the present academic year.
1. I would like to see any information related to how the University has made known to your students a) the existence of a complaints procedure and b) the existence of the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education. Please include evidence of when this information has been provided by University central administrators, departments, YUSU and the GSA. Please include as far as possible the content of the information passed to students, i.e. copies of emails, powerpoint slides, the content of relevant VLE modules, pamphlets distributed by the University, YUSU and the GSA.
2. Please provide any reports which detail any surveys or polling of students/academics conducted by the University related to the Complaints Procedure and OIAHE. [In particular polling which details the percentage of students who a) would agree that they know about the complaints procedure and OIAHE and b) any polling where students quantify how well they think the Complaints Procedure and the OIAHE, i.e understand very well, quite well, not very well, etc.]
Dear Mr Fox,
Thank you for your request, I would just like some clarification on the
points you have raised. Please can you define the type of complaint(s) you
are wanting the request to cover for example whether this relates to a
specific policy/department/facility etc? I ask this as the request as it
stands is quite extensive and is liable to go over the cost limit as
specified by the ICO s12 'requests where the cost of compliance with a
request exceeds the appropriate limit.' As you can appreciate the
university is made up of many different departments all with there own
polices/strategies therefore it would be very difficut to even begin
gathering this information as it is so broad.
I hope this makes sense and I look forward to hearing from you.
Freedom of Information Support Officer
Dear [email address],
Given the information you have mentioned in the previous email, I will limit my request to just any documents that survey or poll students which mention:
1. The Complaints Procedure (as specified here: http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/...).
2. The Appeals Procedure (which the above webpage states is different from the Complaints Procedure)
3. The Harassment Procedure (as referenced in the above webpage)
4. the OIAHE (http://www.oiahe.org.uk/)
Please provide all surveys or polls located at departmental or university admin level. I Imagine this information could be gathered by sending out a request for such documentation by CCing the relevant departmental administrators and the relevant administrator in different sections of university support staff who might hold such surveys or polls on record. I imagine if these documents exist, it would be more likely to be held by one of the Support Services department rather than individual departments. Please cover the years specified in my previous request.
Thank you for aiding me with my research
Dear Mr Fox,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request of November 18 regarding
surveys or polls that mention complaints, appeals and harassment
I can provide the University's response which is given in the attached pdf
FOI Support Officer
University of York
York YO10 5DD
EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/em...
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now