Dear Government Legal Department,
Please provide a copy of the following;
1. the guidance for using external solicitors who are not on the Treasury Solicitor/Government Legal Department [GLD] framework or panel.
2. the template or form or other means for recording the use of a non-panel solicitor [going off panel] and recording the justification in going off panel including proof/evidence of best value.
3. the template or form or document with guidance or use as a method or means of excluding any favouritism or impropriety when selecting and/or using a non-panel solicitor.
4. the document of authorisation required to ensure or record compliance with the statutory guidance and/or European Directive for ensuring best value for the taxpayer when using non-panel solicitors/lawyers
5. A copy of the Treasury Solicitors lawyer/solicitor panel for or covering the period 01.01.2015 to 31.12.2016 for civil/county court proceedings.
6. A copy of the Treasury Solicitors lawyer/solicitor panel for or covering the period 01.01.2011 to 31.03.2014 for civil/county court proceedings.
In proceedings where the Treasury Solicitor [acting for the CSA] sought to recover costs made under orders awarded [to the CSA/Treasury Solicitor] on two appeals. In recovery the CSA via Treasury Solicitor used the services of an external solicitor [Rippon Patel & French] who it transpires were not on the Treasury Solicitor’s panel [but were once]. It is unclear whether or not their rates were or could be best value for the taxpayer unless they were in fact on a panel/framework not easily accessible to the public.
gwynne e davies
Our Ref: RM/43/17
Dear Gwynne Davies
I acknowledge receipt of your email dated 27 May 2017 . I will respond to your correspondence shortly.
Data Protection Co-ordinator & Freedom of Information Officer
Dear Mr Davies
Please find attached the response to your Freedom of Information Act request.
DRO, FOI/DPA Co-ordinator, Head of Library Services
Operations, Government Legal Department
One Kemble Street, London WC2B 4TS
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7210 3045
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now