Dear Queen Mary University of London,
I would like to request some information about the staff resource used to respond to FOI requests about Medicine and Dentistry Admissions data.
1. How many FOI requests has QMUL received relating to Medicine and Dentistry admissions each year for the last 5 years?
2. How much staff time, as a resource, has been taken to respond to these FOI requests?
3. Approximately how much, in terms of salary, has responding to these FOI requests cost?
4. What steps does QMUL take to make Medicine and Dentistry admissions data public and transparent? What information is public and what information is kept private?
Dear Jack Juckes,
Thank you for your email.
We are pleased to provide the following responses.
1. 2017 = 32; 2018 = 43; 2019 = 34; 2020 = 71; 2021 (up to 24/10/21) =
2. and 3. This information is not held.
4. We publish information about entry requirements and on admissions
statistics on our website at
If you are dissatisfied with this response, you may ask QMUL to conduct a
review of this decision. To do this, please contact the College in
writing (including by fax, letter or email), describe the original
request, explain your grounds for dissatisfaction, and include an address
for correspondence. You have 40 working days from receipt of this
communication to submit a review request. When the review process has
been completed, if you are still dissatisfied, you may ask the Information
Commissioner to intervene. Please see www.ico.org.uk for details.
Records & Information Compliance Manager
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now