Dear The Tate Gallery,
Hello. I would very much like, under the Freedom of Information, to ask you the following, please:
1. How many artefacts or items of historical interest were stolen from your museum in the years 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010? Can the items be listed for each year in an excel spreadsheet (for this request and for all requests below)?
2. Of the thefts listed above, year for year, how many were perpetrated by members of your own staff?
3. How many other thefts occurred and were recorded in these years (e.g. visitor bags stolen, wallets etc.) can the quantity be included and the total categories (i.e. visitor theft) where known?
4. If known, how many times in the above years was there police involvement - and were there arrests made following such thefts?
5. How much money, in the above years (year by year breakdown) a. were claimed for and b. received money for in insurance claims for thefts in your museum.
I would be grateful for answers to all of the above questions. However, I appreciate that the data might be hard to collate and so I ask you to spend the allocated time under FOI to search for each question in terms of priority and only to move to the next question if time still permits under the FOI stipulation.
I hope that all of this is clear and no further explaining is required.
Dear Iain Overton,
Thank you for your request for information.
Your email (our ref: 533) was received by the Freedom of Information Group on the 5 June 2015. It will be dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and we will send you a response within 20 working days.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me.
On Behalf of Tate’s Freedom of Information Group [The Tate Gallery request email]
Dear Mr Overton
Please see attached from Tate Gallery.
On behalf of Tate's Freedom of Information Group.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now