Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywMustafa mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.

switching from spouse visa into Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Mustafa made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Mustafa to read recent responses and update the status.

Dear Home Office,

One of our clients has been issued with leave to remain as a spouse under the immigration rules. He wants to switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur £2,00,000 investment category. We have checked the Home Office website for in country switching rules which confirm that only following migrants can switch into this category.

9. Switch to this visa
You may be able to switch to a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You can apply to switch to this visa if you meet the eligibility requirements and you’re already in the UK under one of the following categories:
• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 1 (Investor) 

• Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) 

• Highly Skilled Migrant Programme 

• Tier 2 

• a visitor who has been carrying out permitted activities as a prospective entrepreneur
You can also switch from one of the following categories if you have specific types of funding: 

• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 1 (Post-study work) 

• Tier 4 

Form above, we would be grateful if you could guide us whether our client can switch from spouse visa into Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Yours faithfully,

AWS Solicitors

FOI Requests, Home Office

Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 20 March 2018 outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information request, as it does not ask for recorded information.

Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests under the Act:

We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answer outside of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in due course.

FOI Requests

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear AWS Solicitors,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 23rd March regarding switching from a
spouse visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur.
To be able to switch to a tier 1 entrepreneur visa from inside the UK you
must be on one of the visa categories listed in the switch to this visa
section. The link below shows you who is eligible to switch from inside
the UK.
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of
any such application prior to it being given full and careful
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration
advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters,
including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates
immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.
Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:
Yours faithfully,
Gary porter.
UK Visas and Immigration.



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]




Visible links
1. Click to follow link:

Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywMustafa mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.