switching from spouse visa into Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Mustafa made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Mae'r ymateb i'r cais hwn yn hwyr iawn. Yn ôl y gyfraith, ym mhob amgylchiad, dylai Home Office fod wedi ymateb erbyn hyn. (manylion). Gallwch gwyno drwy yn gofyn am adolygiad mewnol.

Dear Home Office,

One of our clients has been issued with leave to remain as a spouse under the immigration rules. He wants to switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur £2,00,000 investment category. We have checked the Home Office website for in country switching rules which confirm that only following migrants can switch into this category.

9. Switch to this visa
You may be able to switch to a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You can apply to switch to this visa if you meet the eligibility requirements and you’re already in the UK under one of the following categories:
• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 1 (Investor) 

• Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) 

• Highly Skilled Migrant Programme 

• Tier 2 

• a visitor who has been carrying out permitted activities as a prospective entrepreneur
You can also switch from one of the following categories if you have specific types of funding: 

• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 1 (Post-study work) 

• Tier 4 

Form above, we would be grateful if you could guide us whether our client can switch from spouse visa into Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Yours faithfully,

AWS Solicitors