Dear Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
Following the announcement from HMRC requiring VAT be paid on agency doctors supplied to the trust by Brooksons/+us, can you confirm;
1. Whether agency doctors are still being, (a) mandated to or, (b) requested to work through the Brooksons/+us shell arrangement?
2. Whether the trust intends to seek compensation for breach of contract by Brooksons/+us and /or rely on any indemnity provided by Brooksons/+us should HMRC seek to recover backdated taxes?
3. Whether nationally procured contracts endorsed by NHS Improvement and HM Treasury will now be used by locum services from one or more agencies or a neutral vendor?
4. Whether the trust will use a newly modified service with the same provider to try to continue to avoid or mitigate VAT?
5. Whether the trust considers the contract with this provider is void on the basis that the contract specification can no longer be met and any changes proposed to the supply model would be so material as to render it void?
Dear Mr Millar,
Freedom of Information Request (FOI 593)
Thank you for your request dated 25 February 2019. I can confirm that your request is being processed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and that you will receive a written response within 20 working days from receipt of your request.
Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Freedom of Information Team
Dear Mr Millar,
Thank you for your request dated 25 February 2019 under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Under section 1 (1) (a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I can confirm that Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (YDH) holds the requested information, and (b), is supplying it attached to this email.
If you are dissatisfied with this response, you may appeal to Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to complain about how your request has been handled. Your next course of action is to request the Information Commissioners Office to review our decision. Contact information is available on their website or you can write to them at: FOI/EIR Complaints Resolution, Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Should you have any queries or require clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Freedom of Information Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now