Greetings Slough Unitary Authority,
(1) Please explain the strange discrepancy of complaints about councillors. For example, the council's official report to its Audit & Corporate Governance Committee dated 29 September 2016 states at paragraph 5.2:-
The following table contains a summary of the complaints received from October
2015 (date from when current Monitoring Officer took post) to August 2016. A total
of 44 complaints were received, of which:
Rejected: Not Investigated- 11
Rejected: After Investigation – 13
Referred to Police for Further Investigation – 3
Upheld After Investigation - 4
Withdrawn - 2
Number Carried Forward – 11
However on this web site, What Do They Know dot Com,
Complaints against elected members
An unknown anonymous person published on behalf of the council these statements on 25 July 2016:-
* I can confirm there have been no formal investigation of Cllr complaints since June 2015.
|Year |Complaints received|Referred for |No further action|Breach| | | |investigations | | |
|15/16|0 |0 |0 |0 |
|16/17|0 |0 |0 |0 |
(2) Please reveal, in the interests of public accountability and alleged transparency (meaning no cover-ups) the names, the alleged offences and the results of the police referral mentioned above, which are:-
* Referred to Police for Further Investigation – 3
(3) What is the difference between a "formal investigation" and an "investigation" ?
(4) Since being appointed as deputy Monitoring Officer and Monitoring Officer, please itemised the status of all complaints received by solicitor Linda Walker.
(5) How many complaints have been made against solicitor Linda Walker and what are the status of those complaints (please include the grievances of elected councillors who received defamatory letters from Linda Walker) ?
(6) To whom should the public address their complaints against the current Monitoring Officer solicitor Linda Walker as normally complaints are made to the Monitoring Officer ?
Thank you for your email.
Providing excellent customer services is one of the council’s key
Your enquiry will now be forwarded to the relevant department to answer.
We will reply fully to all written enquiries within 10 working days
although we aim to reply to emails sooner than this.
If your enquiry is a Freedom of Information request, the council may take
up to 20 working days to respond.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response by this time you can contact
our complaints department. More details here:
'Disclaimer: You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by
this Organisation are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
therefore may be disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in
this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential
and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee). The views expressed
may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If
you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution,
other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error please return it to the originator
and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it. All messages sent by
this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest antivirus
products. This does not guarantee a virus has not been transmitted.
Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the
detection and eradication of viruses.'
Dear Mrs Ward and various assistants,
I am willing to accept a partial reply as an interim response. It would be most helpful if you will describe the apparent difficulties causing the council to disobey the 2000 c.36 Act.
If you, or unknown others lurking behind the scenery, believe any of my questions are unreasonable kindly tell me. If you, or others, verily believe the requested information should be kept secret then please tell me. If you, or others, simply do not know how to answer those questions, please tell me.
I have always been a very reasonable person despite the massive injustices done to me by some of Slough Unitary Authority staff and councillors. Just because I am against council incompetence and council corruption there is no good reason to give me a bad service or even no service.
Dear Mr Janik
I am still awaiting the response to this one.
I will of course continue to chase.
Regards, SBC FOI Officer
Dear Mr Janik
Please see below.
Please accept my apologies for the lateness of this response.
Regards, SBC FOI Officer
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now