Dear Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium,
bI would like to request the information which is detailed below. I would prefer to receive this information in electronic format to this address, however, I am also able to receive information by post if necessary.
Please confirm receipt of this request.
If the documents requested contain information not disclosable under Freedom of Information, please clearly mark that these sections have been removed.
1. In the past three years have to you sought or successfully pursued any legal action, civil, disciplinary or criminal, against participants in 'protests' such as occupations at the university, this could include (but is not limited to) injunctions against occupations or trespass cases?
a. Please provide all documents relating to these cases. Details should include, but not be limited to, any affidavits, witness statements and other evidence given support of such an injunction.
2. How much money has the university spent (including but not limited to) on these cases. Please provide a breakdown by case, and if possible costs, e.g. court fees, legal expenses, etc.
3. How many disciplinaries have you conducted against students for protest related offences in the past 3 years?
4. How many of the aforementioned disciplinaries against students have been upheld (where the student have been found 'guilty')?
5. Please provide copies of any injunctions relating to protest situations (including but not limited to occupations) which you have taken out in this time period.
Dear Miss Ortega,
Further to your email below, please note that Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium is not a university and therefore we cannot answer the questions you have raised as they do not apply to us.
Please note my working days are Monday to Wednesday ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Company Secretary and Practice Manager
T 0118 935 7056
SUMS Consulting is an operating unit of Southern Universities Management Services a company limited by guarantee, Registered in England and Wales No. 2732244, Charity Number 1042175, Registered office: The University of Reading, The Science and Technology Centre, Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BZ
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now