Dear Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal (Scotland),
Please provide me with information on the following:
1. For each of the past ten academic years (2008-09 to 2018-19), how many people have committed suicide while a student at a Scottish university?
2. Please provide, if possible, a breakdown by gender for each year.
3. For each of the past 10 academic years (2008-09 to 2018-19), how many people have committed suicide on a university campus?
4. Please provide, if possible, a breakdown by gender for each year.
5. Whether or not Scottish universities have, in the last ten years, had contact with the Procurator Fiscal to obtain or discuss the above information.
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail. Your e-mail is receiving attention and we aim to provide you with a response within the statutory timescale for reply. This is 20 working days for requests submitted under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
If you are seeking information with regard to a road traffic incident, witness/third party and insurance data, requests for crime/crash collision reports, please contact Police Scotland, fees and charges may apply.
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy the e-mail, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.
Correspondents should note that all communications to or from the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for lawful purposes. Unless expressly indicated, the views or opinions contained within this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
This message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses. Visit www.crownoffice.gov.uk for details of the work of the Department.
Please find attached a response to your FOI request of 8 July 2019.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now