Dear Glyndŵr University,
I am writing to respectfully request the following information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).
1. How many rooms in total were the university licensed to rent to students for the Academic Year 2018/2019?
2. How many rooms were occupied during the Academic Year 2018/2019?
3. How many rooms were vacant even though they were available for occupation during the Academic Year 2018/2019?
4. How much in total has the University earned in rental income from occupied rooms which have been rented to students during the Academic Year 2018/2019?
5. How much has the University spent on maintenance of the accommodation during the Academic Year 2018/2019?
Ref: 150_Jarvis_student accommodation income
Dear Mr Jarvis,
I acknowledge your request for information received on 15 August 2019.
Your request is being considered and you will receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may be a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of the payment.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact the Freedom of Information Officer, Glyndwr University, Plas Coch, Mold Road, WREXHAM LL11 2AW or e-mail [Glyndwr University request email] or by phone 01978 290666.
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Dear Mr Jarvis
Please find attached the University's response to your Freedom of Information request of the 15 August 2019.
Freedom of Information
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now