Statistics of Tier 4 International Students During the COVID-19 Lockdown
Dear Coventry University,
We are requesting responses to the following questions.
1. How many Tier 4 international students are enrolled at the university in the 2019-2020 academic year?
2. How many Tier 4 international students have contacted the student funding services to report difficulties with paying their tuition fees on time?
3. What sort of assistance is in place for Tier 4 international students who are unable to pay their tuition fees?
3. What sort of COVID-19 provisions are in place for Tier 4 international students? Please answer for the following:
a. Health and wellbeing, including mental health
b. Immigration advice
c. Other, please elaborate
4. Is the university providing hardship funds for Tier 4 international students? If yes, please also answer the following:
a. How many Tier 4 international students applied for hardship funds?
b. How many Tier 4 international students were granted hardship funds?
c. If a Tier 4 international student was denied a hardship fund, what were the primary reasons for this?
5. Have any Tier 4 international students been reported to the Home Office during the COVID-19 lockdown? If yes, how many?
6. How many Tier 4 international students have contacted the university's immigration support office requiring advice and/or reporting immigration difficulties from March 2020 until August 2020?
Unis Resist Border Controls (URBC)
Under Section 8(1)(b) of Freedom of Information Act 2000, in order for
your request to be deemed valid it must include:
1. Real name of the requester.
2. Address for correspondence.
Unfortunately first name or surname provided in isolation, does not
satisfy Section 8(1)(b) requirements, please see point 25 of ICO guidance
In order for us to consider and process your request under Freedom of
Information Act 2000, please provide a valid name as required by Section
8(1)(b) of Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Kristina Garmute |Principal Registry Officer - Data Compliance|Information
Coventry University, Portal House, 163 New Union Street, COVENTRY, CV1 2PL
We use your personal data, namely your name and address so that we can
comply with our legal obligations to respond to Freedom of Information
requests. For further details about the use of your personal data, please
see our Privacy Notice, which is available on the University’s website
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential to the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please do not
use or publish its contents, contact Coventry University immediately on
+44 (0)24 7765 7777 then delete. Contracts cannot be concluded with us nor
service effected by email. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses.
Coventry University may monitor traffic data. Further information about us
is available at www.coventry.ac.uk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now