Dear Cheshire Constabulary,
20's Plenty for Us is asking each police force how they are enforcing different speeds limits.
Please can you provide:
1) The total number of Notice of Intended Prosecutions for speeding offences issued in the calendar year 2022, split by speed limit. Please include all NIPs, whether generated by fixed camera, mobile camera, hand-held or other device
2) Of the total number of NIPs above, how many were generated from fixed cameras.
20's Plenty for Us
Thank you for your email.
While every effort is being made to ensure a response is provided within
statutory deadlines, due to current workloads some delays of a few weeks
may occur. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To ensure that Requests Team can focus on our core duties and
responsibilities please note that Requests Team only handle the below
• A right of access/subject access requests made under the Data
Protection Act 2018 or UK GDPR
• An individual exercising the right to object, rectify, erase or
• A request made under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental
• A request made under the NPCC-ABI-MOU relating to property crime only.
• A qualified legal professional making a request under Schedule 2 Part
1 (5) (3) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Therefore if your email does not relate to the above, please accept this
email as confirmation that Requests Team cannot assist with your request,
and will not be able to respond to you or redirect your email.
If your request is not one of the above you should redirect your email via
the correct channel or if you are unsure of who to contact please visit
our website - Contact us | Cheshire Constabulary
We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence received 31/08/2023 00:00:00
which is being dealt with as a request for information in accordance with
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information
We are in the process of dealing with your request and will respond in due
course and in any case by 28/09/2023 00:00:00.
Please note if we require further details to identify and locate the
requested information we will contact you for clarification via email. If
clarification is required please be aware the 20 working day clock will
start the day the Constabulary receives the necessary clarification.
Please contact us by email at [email address] if you have
any further enquiries.
The Requests Team
Cheshire Constabulary HQ
Tel - 01606 362384
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. Please notify
the sender if received in error. Internet email is not to be treated as a
secure means of communication. The Constabulary monitors all Internet and
email activity and requires it is used for official communications only.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Dear Mr Berendt
1) The total number of Notice of Intended Prosecutions for speeding
offences issued in the calendar year 2022, split by speed limit. Please
include all NIPs, whether generated by fixed camera, mobile camera,
hand-held or other device
2) Of the total number of NIPs above, how many were generated from fixed
In accordance with section 1(1) (b) of the Act, our response is as
1. 20mph - 298
30mph - 21095
40mph - 5567
50mph - 8361
60mph - 1614
70mph - 1235
If you are not satisfied with the decision applied in this case I enclose
for your attention a copy of the Constabulary's appeal procedures.
Kate Holland - Request Compliance Officer
Cheshire Constabulary and Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service Joint Corporate
Information Compliance | Cheshire Constabulary | Clemonds Hey | Oakmere
Road | Winsford | Cheshire | CW7 2UA
Ext: 2384| Visit www.cheshire.police.uk | www.cheshirefire.gov.uk |
Follow @cheshirepolice and @CheshireFire on Twitter | Like Cheshire
Police and Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service on Facebook
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now