Dear Luton Borough Council,
Can you please provide me with the following information regarding
Special guardianship financial support and assessment.
1) Does the council follow the DfE method
of assessing Special guardianship allowance. If not please provide
information as to the method used.
2) What is the maximum payment for a child.
a) Pre school age
b) Primary school age
c) Secondary school age
d) Over 16
3) Is the maximum payment based on recommended core foster care
rates. If not what is the maximum payment based on.
4) Does special guardianship rise each year in line with the
increase in core fostering rates.
5) Is the financial assessment where children were previously LAC
different to the financial assessment for children who were not
6) What deductions, if any, are made from Special guardianship
allowance, ie, Child benefit, Child tax credit.
7) If a carer is in receipt of Income support are any deductions
made from Special Guardianship allowance, ie, Child Benefit, Child
8) Are Special guardianship allowances time limited. If so how long for.
9) How many special guardians in the authority are currently being financially supported
10) How many Child arrangement orders are currently being financially supported
11) How many friends and family, (connected persons) foster carers are in the authority.
THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT SECURE FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF UNENCRYPTED SENSITIVE DATA
Dear sir or madam,
Further to your request for information we confirm we do not hold the information requested.
Please note that under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 Luton Council ask not to receive unsolicited marketing communications.
You are free to use the information provided for your own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial publication, requires the permission of the copyright holder. You may apply for permission to re-use this information by submitting a request to [Luton Borough Council request email] .
Detailed advice about the Reuse of Public Sector Information Regulations (PSI) 2005 is available from the Office of Public Sector Information at: Office of Public Sector information.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request(s), you can ask for a review of how we have handled it, by contacting us at the address above or by contacting emailing us at [email address] . Please set out any specific concerns you have. If you have any other queries or concerns then please contact us using the above details. Please quote the reference number provided above when contacting us.
Should you remain unhappy with our response after we have reviewed it, you can refer your concerns to the Information Commissioner Further information on the Freedom of Information Act is available through the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 01625 545 700
Information Governance Team
Luton Borough Council
Town Hall, George Street, Luton LU1 2BQ
Email: [Luton Borough Council request email]
Dear LBC Feedback,
Thank you for your reply. However, if you do not hold the information requested could you suggest who might please?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now