Social Media World Cup 2018
Dear Royal Mail Group Limited,
Your Facebook post Friday 29th June suggests that in the current FIFA World Cup 2018 your are resprenseted by 15 out of the 16 nations in the round of 16, where you show your diversity with the number of employees you have originating for each nation. I find it surprising that you are only represented by 15 and not all 16, especially given that the missing nation is England. Therefore can you please answer the following.
1. How many of your employees identify as English OR how many identify as British with an English postcode
2. How many deliveries as a percentage are
3. What was the rationale adopted to ignore England in your Facebook post assuming at least one member of Royal Mail staff identifies as either English or British with an English postcode
4. What was the nationality of the person making the Facebook post and if British please confirm the region I.e. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales or England
5. If the person making the post was from a British region that is not England was the person encouraged by the Royal Mail to adopt an anti English sentiment
6. Are you advising customers is England of the alternative to the Royal Mail now that you are not the statutory provider for Mail and having adopted an anti English sentiment
Dear Mr Alderslade
Thank you for your email received 01 July 2018 relating a post on Facebook
that relates to diversity within Royal Mail.
Your request would previously have been considered under the terms of the
Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). However, following the flotation
of Royal Mail on the London Stock Exchange in October 2013 Royal Mail are
no longer obliged to respond to requests for information under the terms
of the Act. As such, the Information Rights and Governance Team cannot
assist with your request.
The latest published figures regarding diversity can be found in the
2017/2018 Corporate Social Responsibility report at page 49:
"Royal Mail’s ethnic profile is broadly representative of the UK
population. According to our 2017–18 Employee Survey,around 10 per cent of
employees declared themselves to be from ethnic minority backgrounds"
Description: L Fearn Signature
Lorna Fearn Assoc CIPD
Information Rights & Governance Officer
Information Rights & Governance Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now