Dear Moor Grange Surgery, Leeds,
Please could you provide me with the following information regarding your policies to allowing usage of employee owned smartphones like the Apple iPhone and iPad in the the workplace.
1. Do you permit your employees with access to personally identifiable data (PID) to use their own smart phones to access your network? Y/N
If ‘No’ no further questions. If ‘Yes’ please answer the following questions
2. Do you have any way to determine what level of software operating system is installed on those devices which are owned by the employee?
3. Do you have a policy in place regarding the use of mobile devices owned by the employee? (If yes please send a copy)
4. Is two factor authentication a mandatory requirement for all staff-owned mobile devices used to access personally identifiable patient data?
5. Do you have any way of controlling what apps are installed on a) NHS owned smart phones and b)Staff owned mobile devices used to access PID? Y/N
In response to your FOI request dated 23rd December. I can confirm that we
do not permit employees with access to PID to use their smartphones to
access the network.
Of note, we are now Abbey grange Medical Practice after merging with Abbey
Medical Centre in April 2015.
Abbey Grange Medical Practice
60 Moor Grange View
Leeds LS16 5BJ.
Tel: 0113 2954880
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now