Dear Glyndŵr University,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please can I make the following request for information, relating to Sexual Violence Policies at your institution. For clarification, Sexual Violence Policies or procedures relate to any official document, policy, procedure or guidance (or otherwise named) relating to students disclosing sexual harassment, assault or violence (or otherwise named).
1. Do you have a Sexual Violence policy or procedure?
2. If not, does sexual harassment or violence fall under any other student related policies (i.e Dignity and Respect, Bullying and Harassment, or Equality and Diversity policies)?
3. If any policy or procedure exists relating to sexual violence or harassment, please can you provide me with a copy of the document, or a link to your website where I can access it myself.
4. When considering disclosures of sexual violence or assault, do you follow a separate formal procedure, other than under your standard Discipline Regulations/processes? If so, please could you outline the procedure.
5. Do you have an informal resolution process prior to any formal investigation processes relating to sexual violence or assault. This could include mediation, no-contact agreements, or any other process which does not result in or result from a formal investigation into the disclosure.
6. If you responded ‘yes’ to question 5, please can you outline any informal procedures you engage with, and send any documents relating to this process.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries about the questions asked, or to provide any clarification, or require me to shorten my request due to cost limits.
Ref: 191_short_sexual violence policies
I acknowledge your request for information received on 29 November 2018, however we are unable to process the request as you have failed to provide your full name. Once we have received this we will then be able to process the request within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
Freedom of Information
Dear Freedom of Information,
Thank you for your email. I have provided my full name below.
I will note that the guidance provided by the Information Commissioner's Office highlights that a first initial is sufficient. (Please see https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisatio..., Page 7, example).
Thank you Ms Short. We will respond within the designated 20 days as per the statutory timescale.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may be a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of the payment.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact the Freedom of Information Officer, Glyndwr University, Plas Coch, Mold Road, WREXHAM LL11 2AW or e-mail [Glyndwr University request email] or by phone 01978 290666.
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Dear C Short,
Please find attached the University’s response to your Freedom of Information Act Request of 29th November.
Freedom of Information
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now