Dear Royal Conservatoire of Scotland,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I request the following information about all instances of sexual misconduct reported by students at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland from 2015/2016 until the end of the 2019/20 academic year inclusive.
I request information on the following:
- Whether the university has a specific policy for handling allegations of sexual misconduct
- Whether the university employs an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
- The number of disclosures made by students (including student-on-student and staff-on-student sexual misconduct)
- The number of formal complaints made by students (including student-on-student and staff-on-student sexual misconduct)
- Statistics of whether the perpetrator was a student or member of staff
- How many of these resulted in expulsion for the perpetrator
Yu Yun Hsieh
Dear Yu Yun Hsieh,
Thank-you for your request, received by the Royal Conservatoire of
Scotland. Our response is contained in the enclosed attachment and I hope
this answers your request in full.
Please do let me know if we can offer any further assistance.
Head of Information Services
Please continue to keep our community safe and be Covid considerate. You
can read more about how we’re supporting our students and staff at this
There’s never been a more challenging time for the performing arts. You
can support the artists of the future by donating to the RCS
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now