Dear Colmers School and Sixth Form College, Birmingham,
Under the FOI Act I would like to request the following information regarding the contract with your supplier(s) of sports uniform/kit:
1) How many suppliers do you have a contract with?
2) How was the contract awarded e.g. open competition, direct award? Was the local authority involved in the tender of this contract?
3) Date the contract was awarded?
4) Date the contract will expire?
5) What competitors, if any, were considered?
6) What criteria was used to select the supplier?
7) Does the school profit from the contract, e.g. as a result of uniform sales? If yes, what remuneration is received?
8) If the school has not entered into a contract with the supplier(s), what is the nature of the agreement in place?
9) Does the contract contain any clauses relating to the cost or affordability of items?
10) Please provide a copy of the contract with commercially sensitive details redacted.
Please note that redaction costs cannot be counted towards any cost limits under the FOI Act.
Please also note that for information to be withheld under Section 43 (commercial sensitivity), the following must be provided:
Details of the exact FOIA exemption – either 43.1 Trade Secrets or 43.2 Commercial Interests
Details of who would be prejudiced
A “Public Interest Test” where the arguments for and against release of the information should be discussed (as this is a “qualified” exemption).
If release of the information could prejudice a third party, they should be consulted with (see FOIA Section 45 Code of Practice Part IV)
Please also note that contracts drawn up since 2005 are supposed to include provisions requiring organisations to comply with the FOI Act
Thank you for your request for information received on 17^th October
We have conducted a search of our data and have attached our response.
If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by
our school, please contact Nuala Fowke PA to the Headteacher, on
Business Admin Manager
Logo A: Bristol Road South, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 9NY
P: 0121 453 1778
facebook icon instagram icon twitter icon
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, Colmers
School & Sixth Form College have a legal duty to protect any information
we collect from you. Information contained in this email and any
attachments may be privileged or confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the original recipient. If you have received this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and delete the email,
including emptying your deleted email box. If you have any questions
related to our GDPR compliance, please contact our Data Protection Officer
or make a Data Subject Access Request.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now