Dear Avon Fire and Rescue,
Under Freedom of Information Act, I would be very grateful if you could provide the following information. I am seeking to understand how many schools have been impacted by fires and whether sprinklers were present.
1. How many fires at schools have you attended in the last five full years (2014-2019 or nearest period, if not available). Please provide a breakdown per year.
2. Of the school fires you attended in this period, how many had sprinklers fitted?
3. Please provide a breakdown of the causes of fire by year.
4. For each year, please also provide a breakdown of
a. type of school e.g. primary, secondary
b. Any injuries or deaths
c. Extent of damage to school
d. Age of school
e. Whether cladding was present
f. How many of the schools at the time the fire broke out had received a low, medium or high fire risk assessment (or alternative classification if used)?
5. How many school fire risk assessments have you carried out in the last five full years (2014-2019 or alternative period if not available)?
6. Please provide a breakdown of the outcomes e.g. low, medium, high risk
Thank you for your assistance.
C D Johnson
Dear C Johnson
I write to acknowledge your email dated 10.07.2020 requesting information
regarding school fires
Your request has been assigned reference number 2020T35; please can you
quote this in any contact with us about this matter.
The statutory timescale to respond to requests processed under the terms
of the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) 2000 is 20 working days however,
there may be a delay due to the current COVID-19 situation. We will keep
you updated regarding the progress of your request at the earliest
opportunity. The Information Commissioner recognises that longer time may
be needed as we have to prioritise other work to keep services running
during this challenging period. Avon Fire & Rescue Service would like to
thank you for your patience.
Please note that all requests dealt under the FoIA are subject to the
information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
Guidance about how we deal with requests for information can be located on
our website. Thank you for your interest in Avon Fire & Rescue Service.
Data Protection Co-ordinator (Mon-Thurs), Corporate Services
Avon Fire & Rescue Service
Telephone: 0117 926 2061 Extension: 302
Working smoke alarms save lives
Help save a tree - please do not print this email unless you really need
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now