Dear Birmingham City Council,
Please could you provide me with the following information relating to school admissions for every state school or state school site within your local authority on national offer day 2018:
1. The name of the school or school site
2. The DfE number or URN of the school
3. Whether the school was oversubscribed in that year
4. The number of offers made to siblings of existing pupils
5. The number of offers made under any proximity, distance or “other children” oversubscription criterion
6. The admission criterion under which the last successful applicant was admitted
7. The home-to-school distance and unit of measurement (and whether this measurement was straight line or walking distance) of the last successful applicant, where distance was used to prioritise this last place
8. If available, the number of pupils allocated to the school by the local authority.
Please always list the school or site, even if there is little admission information available.
As I understand it, this information is normally recorded as a dataset, so it would be great if your response could include the data in an electronic, reusable format such as Excel or CSV.
I am asking for this in order to supplement a website I have created to help parents find out more about schools near them, in particular admission results. You can see it here: http://admissionsday.co.uk.
Please do email me or call me on the number below if you wish to discuss this request, particularly if there are any complications that could lead to a refusal.
07813 272 634
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now