School admissions and oversubscription 2018/2019
Dear Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council,
Please could you provide me with the following information relating to school admissions for every state school or state school site within your local authority on both a) national offer day 2018 and b) national offer day 2019:
1. The name of the school or school site
2. The DfE number or URN of the school
3. The Published Admissions Number of the school in that year
4. The total number of times the school was listed as a preference
5. The total number of offers made
6. The number of offers made to siblings of existing pupils
7. The number of offers made under any proximity, distance or “other children” oversubscription criterion
8. The name of the admission criterion under which the last successful applicant was admitted, e.g. "Distance"
9. The home-to-school distance and unit of measurement (and whether this measurement was straight line or walking distance) of the last successful applicant, where distance was used to prioritise this last place
10. Whether the school was oversubscribed in that year
Please always list the school or site, even if there is little admission information available.
As I understand it, this information is normally recorded as a dataset, so it would be great if your response could include the data in an electronic, reusable format such as Excel or CSV, as required by section 102 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
I am asking for this in order to supplement a website I have created to help parents find out more about schools near them, in particular admission results. You can see it here: http://admissionsday.co.uk.
Please do email me or call me on the number below if you wish to discuss this request, particularly if there are any issues or complications that could lead to a refusal.
Thanks in advance for your time in putting this together.
07813 272 634
Dear Mr Thompson,
Thank you for your recent request made under the Freedom of Information
Our response to your FOI is in the attached document, it has been
completed in table format for an easier read..
I trust this information assists with your enquiries.
If you were dissatisfied with the result of your internal review, you also
have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at:
Information Management Officer
Business Management - ICT
Tel: 0151 666 5201
[Wirral Borough Council request email]
PLEASE FORWARD ALL FOI RESPONSES TO [Wirral Borough Council request email]
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
2. mailto:[Wirral Borough Council request email]
3. mailto:[Wirral Borough Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now