Dear Sir or Madam,
A recent publication by yourselves listing gifts to senior civil servants makes reference to the Prevent Central Unit. I can find very little information related to this unit and would like more information under the freedom of information act. Specifically:
1) When did this unit come into existence?
2) What are it's primary goals and aim? What function does it play within the Home Office and what role does it provide?
3) How much funding does it receive and where does this funding come from?
4) How many people work for this unit, directly and indirectly?
5) Where are the head offices of this unit based?
6) A copy of presentations made by Michael Gillespie at Capita’s 3rd National Preventing Violent Extremism Conference
7) What links the unit has to intelligence agencies such as GCHQ, MI5/6 and SOCA.
8) A list of recent FoIA requests made related to this unit
If any part of these requests cannot be fulfilled in full, please fulfill the request to the greatest extent possible.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now