Rights of non Eu, Family member of Eu national.

sac javaid made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Mae'r cais yn aros am eglurhad. Os sac javaid ydych chi, os gwelwch yn dda, mewngofnodi i anfon neges ddilynol.

Dear Home Office,

I was wondering if one is a non-EU national who is a family member of EU national can sponsor her spouse on her behalf? I have read at few places that once one has settled status(ILR) than you can sponsor your spouse and other and if that is true then according to the new EU settlement scheme there no difference between Settled and Pre Settled status except the numbers of years you can live outside the UK. So i wanted to ask that can Non-Eu the Family member of an EU sponsor anyone on her/his behalf and if the Settled status holder can do that then can pre-settled status holder do that too like EU Settlement scheme is saying?

Thank you

Yours faithfully,
Zark Javaid

FOI Requests, Home Office

Zark Javaid,

Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 16 November outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information request, as it does not ask for recorded information.

Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests under the Act:

We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answer outside of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in due course.

Thank you,

P. Zebedee
FOI Requests
Home Office

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 16th November regarding Freedom of
Information request - Rights of non Eu, Family member of Eu national.

Our response to your enquiry will involve asking for or disclosing your
personal data.  We cannot do this via ‘WhatDoTheyKnow.com’, which is a
public website.  I would therefore be grateful if you would let us have
your personal e-mail and the query to which we can reply.
Alternatively, if you would like to contact us directly, you can at the
following address:
[1][email address]
Please also refer to our website for guidance by using this link:

Yours Faithfully,

Simon Brown
UK Visa and Immigration



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]www.gov.uk/home-office


Please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an
application but we can provide information and support you through
signposting and website navigation. If you require more specific advise
then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor


Visible links
1. Click to follow link: mailto:[email address]
mailto:[email address]
2. Click to follow link: https://www.gov.uk/homeoffice
3. http://www.gov.uk/home-office