Response times to Freedom of Information requests
J. Dennis made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to University of Edinburgh
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear University of Edinburgh,
Please provide the following statistics on FOI requests at Edinburgh University, separated into financial years.
1. How many FOI requests were made to Edinburgh University in FY 15-16, 16-17, 18-19, 19-20 and 20-21 (April 1st to March 31st)?
2. How many FOI requests were responded to within the statutory timescale of 20 days (or 60 days for the very short time at the beginning of FY 20-21) over the time periods mentioned in Question 1?
3. How many FOI requests were satisfied without any review process over the time periods mentioned in question 1?
4. What is the average response time for FOI requests in the time periods mentioned in question 1?
We would like to acknowledge that we have received your email. The
University’s working arrangements are affected by the Coronavirus outbreak
but we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
Information requests (freedom of information requests, environmental
information requests, data subject rights requests)
While we will make all efforts to respond to requests promptly, please be
aware that in some cases unfortunately we will not be able to respond
within statutory timescales. The Scottish Information Commissioner’s
Office and the Information Commissioner’s Office have both issued
statements about requests during the Covid-19 pandemic which you may find
Please note that if you have only provided your first (or given) name in
the body of your email your request will not be valid. To ensure your
request is valid and that the University is obliged to answer it, you must
provide your real name. If you are making the request on behalf of
someone else you must provide their real name. The Office of
the Scottish Information Commissioner's guidance on this point explains
that if you do not provide your real name or the name of the person on
whose behalf you are making the request, you will lose your right to
appeal to the Commissioner should you be unhappy with the handling of your
request. The guidance also explains what constitutes a real name for the
purposes of making a request valid. Please refer to the guidance for
The University of Edinburgh's request privacy notice, which describes
how we use the information you have supplied about yourself and your
request, is published on the University website.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an
Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.
Dear Jonathan Dennis
Thank you for your email of 28 May requesting information. Please find the
University's response attached.
Records Management Section
University of Edinburgh
1. file:///tmp/Records Management Section University of Edinburgh Old College South Bridge Edinburgh EH8 9YL https:/www.ed.ac.uk/records-management
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now