Dear Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (Northern Ireland),
1. Please provide annual figures for ketamine-related emergency admissions, for each year 1990-2014.
2. Please provide annual figures for ketamine-related deaths in NHS hospitals, for each year 1990-2014.
3. Please provide copies of any available and relevant infosheets or leaflets regarding ketamine (e.g. either public health notices, treatment/situation guidelines, advice to professional staff, etc.)
4. What percentage of patients were administered ketamine, for each year 1990-2014?
5. What are NHS standard treatment guidelines for 'recreational' ketamine use admissions?
6. How many emergency admissions related to recreational ketamine use involved IV or IM use?
7. How many deaths in NHS hospitals related to recreational ketamine use involved IV or IM use?
8. How many emergency admissions related to recreational ketamine use also involved other drugs?
7. How many deaths in NHS hospitals related to recreational ketamine use also involved other drugs?
David van Eyck
I have been reliably informed that the information, including the statistical information that you have requested below is not held in this Department.
There may be leaflets available from the Public Health agency (PHA), and I have added their web address below.
In relation to Q5 there are UK wide guidelines - they are not specific to NI and in addition they are general guidelines on treating drug misuse/dependence not specific to ketamine. These are already in the public domain:
I'm sorry we can't be more helpful on this occasion.
Information Management Branch
Tel: 02890 528218
Dear FOI (DHSSPSNI),
Thank you very much for your speedy response, I shall have a look at the links your forwarded posthaste.
David van Eyck
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now