Request for Information on Affordable Housing August 2023
Dear East Lindsey District Council,
I am writing to make an open request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am a local democracy reporter investigating the state of affordable housing in Lincolnshire.
I have been asked by several council press offices across the county to submit this as an FOI so I am hoping you can help.
Please provide the following information:
1) Definition of "Affordable":
* How does your council define "affordable housing"?
* Is it based on a percentage of the median income, a fixed price range, or another metric?
2) Price Breakdown:
* What is the average price of an affordable home in your district?
* Are there different tiers or categories of affordable housing in your district?
* If so, can you provide a price breakdown for each?
3) Housing Numbers:
* How many affordable homes are currently available in your district?
* How many affordable homes have been built in the last five years?
* Are there any upcoming projects or initiatives aimed at increasing the number of affordable homes?
4) Challenges and Solutions:
* What are the primary challenges your district faces in providing affordable housing?
* What initiatives or strategies has the council implemented or is planning to implement to address these challenges?
5) Additional Information:
* Is there any other data, insights, or information you believe would be relevant to our investigation?
* What is the council doing to support people getting on the housing ladder? What's the council's view and is it a priority?
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
I would prefer to receive the information electronically, but if that is not possible, please let me know ahead of time.
I understand that under the act, you are required to respond to my request within 20 working days. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Thank you for contacting Information Management at East Lindsey District
Council. If you have made a request for information it will be answered
within the statutory time frames allowed by the legislation. For other
enquiries we will reply as soon as possible or pass your email to the
relevant department for a response.
Our privacy information can be found here:
The Council issues a regular newsletter by email to residents. It’s
free and keeps you informed on the Council work and that of its partners.
If you’d like to subscribe to receive this please sign up at
Re: Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Request for Information
Thank you for your recent request for information. Your request has now
been considered under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
our response is attached.
Please note that East Lindsey District Council will be publishing copies
of decision notices issued in response to requests made under the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations
2004. Please be assured that no information regarding the identity of the
individuals making the requests will be published but if you have any
concerns regarding this, please contact the Council’s Information
Management Team (contact details given below).
Information Management Team
East Lindsey District Council,
Website: www.mybostonuk.com / www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
Facebook: Boston Borough Council / East Lindsey District Council
Twitter: Boston Borough Council / East Lindsey District Council
1. file:///tmp/blocked::mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now