Dear Lincoln City Council,
I am writing to make an open request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am a local democracy reporter investigating the state of affordable housing in Lincolnshire.
I have been asked by several council press offices across the county to submit this as an FOI so I am hoping you can help.
Please provide the following information:
1) Definition of "Affordable":
* How does your council define "affordable housing"?
* Is it based on a percentage of the median income, a fixed price range, or another metric?
2) Price Breakdown:
* What is the average price of an affordable home in your district?
* Are there different tiers or categories of affordable housing in your district?
* If so, can you provide a price breakdown for each?
3) Housing Numbers:
* How many affordable homes are currently available in your district?
* How many affordable homes have been built in the last five years?
* Are there any upcoming projects or initiatives aimed at increasing the number of affordable homes?
4) Challenges and Solutions:
* What are the primary challenges your district faces in providing affordable housing?
* What initiatives or strategies has the council implemented or is planning to implement to address these challenges?
5) Additional Information:
* Is there any other data, insights, or information you believe would be relevant to our investigation?
* What is the council doing to support people getting on the housing ladder? What's the council's view and is it a priority?
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
I would prefer to receive the information electronically, but if that is not possible, please let me know ahead of time.
I understand that under the act, you are required to respond to my request within 20 working days. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please note that Freedom of Information Requests should be submitted via
our website at
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
I refer to your request for information received on 2023 concerning the
above and enclose the Council’s response.
You have a right of appeal against the decision. If you do wish to appeal
please set out in writing your grounds for appeal and send to the Freedom
of Information Officer at City of Lincoln Council, City Hall, Beaumont
Fee, Lincoln LN1 1DB telephone 01522 873441 or e-mail
[Lincoln City Council request email]
If you remain unhappy you have right to complain to the Information
Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/foicomplaints
They can also be contacted by post at Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or telephone: 0303
123 1113 (local rate) or visit www.ico.org.uk or email
T 01522 873840
City of Lincoln Council
City of Lincoln Council
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DD
Read more about our vision
City of Lincoln Council is a socially responsible employer, and is a
signee to the Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter. If you would like to
know more about the Charter and to sign up, please visit
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or classified material up to OFFICIAL and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. Please also notify the sender immediately Under the Data
Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents
of this email may be disclosed.
The City of Lincoln Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and
received emails. For further information regarding how we protect your
data see our privacy notice for customers.
City of Lincoln Council - How we are responding to the Cost of Living
2. mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email]
5. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now