Dear freedom of information manager,
Hello I hope you can help me with the following request for information. I would like the data for 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 if you have both, if not just 2016/2017 would be great.
1. Please could you provide the name of the advocacy organisation(s) commissioned to provide advocacy under the Care Act 2014 for each the following groups:
i) the adult with (potential) care and support needs,
ii) carers of the adult with care and support needs
iii) young people in transition
iv) carers of young people in transition
2. If you hold data on the number of referrals made, please could you provide information on how many times a Care Act Advocate was arranged within:
i. a needs assessment (under section 9);
ii. a carer’s assessment (under section 10);
iii. the preparation of a care and support plan or support plan (under section 25);
iv. a review of care and support plan or support plan (under section 27);
v. a child’s needs assessment (under section 60);
vi. a child’s carer’s assessment (under section 62);
vii. a young carer’s assessment (under section 65).
3. If you hold data on the number of challenges to decisions (formal written complaints, number of cases brought for Judicial Review or applications to the Court of Protection) made by advocates, please could you provide this data as well.
Thank you so much for your help with this request,
Your request for information ref. SOT70414
Section 8(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 sets out the
requirements of a valid request and says that a request must, amongst
other things, 'state the name of the applicant and address for
As you have not provided a name, your request is not valid under the terms
of the Act.
ICO guidance states “a title and/or first name with surname satisfies the
requirement for provision of a real name”.
If you wish to continue with your request, please contact
[Stoke on Trent City Council request email] and provide a name to which we can correspond.
Information Rights Team
City of Stoke-on-Trent
Floor 2 Civic Centre Glebe Street Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HH
T: 01782 232853, 01782 233020, 01782 233732, 01782 235965
E: [Stoke on Trent City Council request email]
Keep up-to-date with events in the city, job vacancies, news from the city
council and details about services which can help you by signing up to our
email updates at www.stoke.gov.uk/stayconnected
Save time, go online; pay your council tax, manage your benefits, book a
housing repair and report a pothole at a time and place that’s convenient
for you at www.stoke.gov.uk
1. mailto:[Stoke on Trent City Council request email]
2. mailto:[Stoke on Trent City Council request email]
Please process my information using Ms Huijbers, thank you kindly.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now