Quality Improvement Capability
Andrea Gibbons made this Freedom of Information request to Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (Northern Ireland)
Dear Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (Northern Ireland),
I am the lead for the national Evidence 4 Quality Improvement 'Q Exchange' project (see https://q.health.org.uk/idea/2019/eviden...).
We believe that there is no current comprehensive mapping available of quality improvement capability across the NHS. This request is to enable us to create this and fill this 'gap' in our collective knowledge and the output will be made freely available.
We would like to know, please:
1. What the name of the department(s) is that provides improvement, service improvement, quality improvement, continuous improvement or internal consultancy services to your organisation?
2. The job title(s) for the manager or executive responsible for quality improvement work in your organisation.
3. The name(s) of any formal improvement methodology or approach (eg Kaizen, Lean, Model for Improvement, Virginia Mason etc) that your organisation uses for quality improvement, continuous improvement, service improvement or internal consultancy projects. If it has been internally developed, please share any external approaches it has been based on.
4. The details of any awards or external recognition that your organisation has received for quality improvement projects / work in the last 3 years.
5. The approximate staff Full Time Equivalent (FTE) inside the team(s) identified in the answer to question 1 and the job titles of staff within those teams.
6. The approximate staff Full Time Equivalent (FTE) outside of the team(s) identified in the answer to question 1 but with a proportion of their time formally allocated to service improvement, quality improvement, continuous improvement or internal consultancy, and the name of the department(s) or teams which these staff work in.
7. The approximate total budget that your organisation has allocated to quality improvement in each of the last 3 years (financial or calendar years - whichever is easiest).
8. The approximate number of staff trained in quality improvement in each of the last 3 years (financial or calendar years - whichever is easiest).
Thank you for your email to Belfast Trust Public Liaison Service. Due to
the significant impact of the Coronavirus situation, Trust staff are
working to prioritise their duties as front line health and social care
workers and regrettably there may be a delay in responding to your email
at this time. Please note however, that any urgent queries will be
forwarded to the relevant service for their attention. Thank you for your
understanding and patience at this difficult time.
Good afternoon Andrea,
Please see attached acknowledgement of your FOI submission to Belfast
Health and Social Care Trust.
Public Liaison Officer, Public Liaison Service, Belfast Health and Social
Tel: 028 9504 9597
Belfasttrust.hscni.net | Facebook.com/BelfastTrust |
Twitter.com/BelfastTrust | Instagram.com/BelfastTrust
HSC core values FINAL logo (all 4 CMYK) vector
4 simple steps thin banner
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now