To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) to request information pertaining to public sector pay inequality. The following are a list of questions that I would like a response on;
• How many persons does your council employ?
• How many council employees are employed as apprentices, and how much is their pay per hour?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal or less than a full-time equivalent of £14,942.20 per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or less than a full-time equivalent of £16,380 (in London £19,201) per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or less than a full-time equivalent of £29,588 per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or greater than a full-time equivalent of £46,351 per year?
• What are the non-pecuniary benefits or expenses available to stage employed in roles with full-time equivalent salaries equal to or greater than £46,351 per year?
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via email and I will be pleased to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
This message is to acknowledge receipt of your communication. If your
request is a valid request for information under the terms of the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 it will be answered promptly and within 20 working
West Lancashire Borough Council as the Data Controller take the security
of your personal data seriously. We will only use the personal
information you give us for the purposes of providing an answer to your
freedom of information request. For further information
FOR THE ATTENTION OF EMILY THOMAS
Re : Freedom of Information request - Public sector pay inequality - all
non-London councils - Ref: 2019/563
Dear Ms Thomas
Further to your freedom of information request I have included within your
email below the information requested.
If you have any queries concerning my response please do not hesitate to
contact me. My full contact details are shown below.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your
original letter and should be addressed to: Mr Marc Taylor, Borough
Treasurer [email address].
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
If you are not content with the outcome of an internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
Human Resources Officer
West Lancashire Borough Council
Tel: 01695 585234
West Lancashire Borough Council,
52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF
Think before you print – save energy, paper and ink.
Notice: How we handle your data
West Lancashire Borough Council takes your privacy very seriously and will
keep your personal data secure at all times. We will only use your
personal data for the purpose for which it was provided and ensure that
it is destroyed when no longer required. For further information about
your privacy, please see our website
If you would like to discuss your privacy in more detail, you can contact
the Officer whose details are above this notice.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now