Under the Freedom of Information Act, please provide the following:
1. Your Prevent action plan or any document that outlines your institution’s Prevent policy in line with your obligations under the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015
2. Confirm if students, researchers and members of staff are obliged to register research which is deemed to be security sensitive
3. If such a register exists, the number of entries for each of the years 2018 (up to the date of this request), 2017, 2016 and 2015. By entries, I mean occasions on which individuals have registered research which falls into the category set out in bullet point 2. If possible, please identify the nature of the research (eg PhD, internally funded, externally funded) and topic
4. If such a register exists, confirm whether or not it is stored onsite or on an external server.
5. If such a register exists, confirm whether the register is subject to any information sharing agreements with external partners or agencies including local and regional Prevent coordinators, the Home Office, the local Counter Terrorism Intelligence Unit, the local police or any other law enforcement agencies
6. A list of any agreements, arrangements or Memorandums of Understanding between your institution and bodies such as the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF), the Counter Terrorism Internet Referral Unit (CTIRU) of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), or Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU) of the City of London Police, to receive lists of illegal or illicit content, for instance for the purposes of blocking.
7. Confirm if any filtering or blocking service that your institution uses incorporate lists from the IWF, CTIRU or PIPCU, and which lists are incorporated;
Dear Mr Quinn.
This is to acknowledge receipt of your request for information below and to let you know it is being processed.
We'll get back to you as soon as we can, but in any case within 20 working days from 15/10/2018.
In the meantime, if you wish to add any further details or check on progress, please reply to this message, without altering the 'Subject:' line, so that we can track your input and respond promptly.
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
t: +44 (0)118 378 8981 www.reading.ac.uk/foia
Dear Mr Quinn,
We have completed the compilation of information in response to your
We can confirm that we do hold some information of the description
specified in your request. Our responses are given below each limb of your
We are required to include details of our complaints procedures, including
your rights to apply to the Information Commissioner. The procedure is
detailed in our Freedom of Information and Environmental Information
Regulations policy on the web at
If we are unable to resolve any complaint, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner, the independent body who oversees the access to
Email: [email address]
Information Compliance Officer
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading,
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
[University of Reading request email] t: +44 (0)118 378 8981
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now